Just accused boyfriend of cheating, I might have got it wrong. What do I do?

So boyfriend went awol on me tonight, he has a history of cheating on other partners.

I asked him if he was seeing someone else tonight, he has given me a good enough reason as to where he was. Now I feel like an ass. His dad is dying and he just needed some time in front of tv to chill and watch the snooker.

Now he is pissed off and I don’t know what to say. Do I apologise? Do I explain I have insecurities? How do I get out of making this accusation?

28

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to apologize asap.
    My husband accused me of having an affair and it broke my heart.
    I felt like I had to tell him about everything that I'd be doing and anyone who I would see while out.
    Made me feel like shit.

Most Helpful Guy

• Give him sometime. The stress of his dad impending death heightens the stress levels at a time he doesn't need it. After that explain why you felt this way and how insecure you are. Yes then apologize.

• So he was the last to message, telling me he most certainly was not with someone and that he is in his bed.

I haven’t replied. I feel like he isn’t actually cheating, I was just being paranoid. But at the same time, he is being distant, there has been no sex, he didn’t message all night when he knew I was trying to book a weekend away for us. I know he has a lot going on and I’m trying to be supportive. But doesn’t change the fact there are two of us in the relationship.

So you think not to bother messaging, give him a few days to time out and compose?

• I don’t know how else to support him. I’ve offered every help I can think of. He refuses it all.

We are either a couple or we aren’t

• All you can do is give him space and be an ear for you when he needs it or a shoulder to cry on and a familiar face to vent to.