The military is taking my boyfriend and my brother. What is a good idea for a good luck charm for them both?

My boyfriend is re-enlisting in the Air Force and my brother is going into the Air Force as well but it's his first time. Since this is my brothers first time, I want to give him something so he can remember his family when he's at basic training. I also want to get something for my boyfriend since he is re-enlisting. I have quite a few family members that served so I know that anything from a note, a picture, a necklace, or a crayon served as a good luck charm.

111

Most Helpful Guy

• when i went on my first tour my nan gave me a little crystal/glass angel, my dad gave me a silver locket with pictures inside of both my nan and grandad who served during ww2. my mum gave me a silver st Christopher necklace. i was also given a little poppy medallion by my brother.

i kept all of these in a little pouch that i wore around my neck at all times.

im not very superstitious but they rally did help when times got hard.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love how you say the military is taking them then you say they enlisted... 🤷‍♀️

But I gave my friends friendship bracelet key chains since they couldn’t wear them as a bracelet. And they put it on their gear. One of them came home last year, he had lost an arm but when I went to see him, he pulled the bracelet I made him and said, “can you tie this on me now?”