Why does this keep happening?

So I have this issue where I will watch a show or film, or read a book, and almost instantly fall in love with at least one character in it... yet any guy I meet in person it takes me months (literal) to even let myself like them - and for the most part I dislike most of the ones I meet (in that way). What's wrong with me lmao

Feel Iike my expectations and standards are wayy too high and I'll end up alone - but I don't want to settle either. feel like I'm waiting on something that's never going to come.

Any attractive boy I know, I'll take an interest in UNTIL they show an interest back, and then that's that - I feel claustrophic and won't like them anymore and will move onto the next.

Even reality tv stars, there's so many I like, but I know if I knew them in person I wouldn't have an interest? It's so weird I don't know what my problem is
I'm not a slut, I just read this back and realised how it sounds. I've never did anything with any of these boys. I never get past the "talking" dating stage before I freak out and ghost them. I'm a virgin, I've never been in a relationship bc I've never met anyone worth putting in that effort for bar one person where the timing wasn't right and I have no interest in doing that again lol
Brought nothing but unnecessary pain, a lack of sleep and numerous headaches lmao traumatised

10