Why does this keep happening?

So I have this issue where I will watch a show or film, or read a book, and almost instantly fall in love with at least one character in it... yet any guy I meet in person it takes me months (literal) to even let myself like them - and for the most part I dislike most of the ones I meet (in that way). What's wrong with me lmao

Feel Iike my expectations and standards are wayy too high and I'll end up alone - but I don't want to settle either. feel like I'm waiting on something that's never going to come.

Any attractive boy I know, I'll take an interest in UNTIL they show an interest back, and then that's that - I feel claustrophic and won't like them anymore and will move onto the next.

Even reality tv stars, there's so many I like, but I know if I knew them in person I wouldn't have an interest? It's so weird I don't know what my problem is
Updates:
I'm not a slut, I just read this back and realised how it sounds. I've never did anything with any of these boys. I never get past the "talking" dating stage before I freak out and ghost them. I'm a virgin, I've never been in a relationship bc I've never met anyone worth putting in that effort for bar one person where the timing wasn't right and I have no interest in doing that again lol
Brought nothing but unnecessary pain, a lack of sleep and numerous headaches lmao traumatised

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Perhaps you have a fear of commitment? Or you have an idealistic mindset about what you want in a guy. Fictional characters are easy to love because you can fill in the gaps however you want, making them more likable to fit your standards. Real people aren't perfect. You probably just need to get used to the fact that people are flawed, but they still deserve love nonetheless.

0|0
    0|0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes