How long does it take guys to text back?

Keeping in mind this guy is in his early 30’s. Is it acceptable for it to take an hour when you know he’s just hanging out at home?

211

Most Helpful Guy

• How often has it been an hour? If it's been just a few times he could have been doing something else and not near his phone or talking with a friend or working on some project and I wouldn't think that's a problem.

If he almost always takes an hour to respond, then I'd think that maybe he's not that interested in communicating with you or is trying to act like he's not very interested even if he is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t base interest level in how long it takes a person to respond to texts. And don’t maje assumptions as to what he’s doing. Not everyone is attached to their phone 24/7.

• I assume a lot and get upset when i don't get replies
      Even my cousins take hours to reply single message

• @lalit449 well get over it. Texts were created to be less intrusive than a phone call, a means of communicating when the person is available to respond. For emergencies or a “need” to hear from someone, pick up the phone and call, if they don’t answer leave a message to call ASAP.