How long does it take guys to text back?

Keeping in mind this guy is in his early 30’s. Is it acceptable for it to take an hour when you know he’s just hanging out at home?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• How often has it been an hour? If it's been just a few times he could have been doing something else and not near his phone or talking with a friend or working on some project and I wouldn't think that's a problem.

If he almost always takes an hour to respond, then I'd think that maybe he's not that interested in communicating with you or is trying to act like he's not very interested even if he is.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Don’t base interest level in how long it takes a person to respond to texts. And don’t maje assumptions as to what he’s doing. Not everyone is attached to their phone 24/7.

0|0
    0|0
    • I assume a lot and get upset when i don't get replies
      Even my cousins take hours to reply single message

• @lalit449 well get over it. Texts were created to be less intrusive than a phone call, a means of communicating when the person is available to respond. For emergencies or a “need” to hear from someone, pick up the phone and call, if they don’t answer leave a message to call ASAP.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's acceptable for him to reply whenever the hell he wants really.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually when I see the message but it depends if I'm doing something.

0|0
    0|0
  • either he went to the bathroom or had to do something or just got bored and left so yea most guys do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if busy in something but the second i saw messege i replay them

1|0
    0|0
  • An hour is nothing, for me I can reply instantly to like 4/5 hours, even when I’m at home. If I’m playing PS4 I just tend not to look at my phone

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually 15 mins to an hour. Depends if we're doing anything and how involved the conversation is.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's spring cleaning.

0|1
    0|0
  • Send nudes. Faster reply.

0|0
    0|0
  • I take 2 hour naps so...

0|0
    0|0
  • An hour? that's about as long as it takes me to even think about what to say to a girl I like, no wait... more like 3. :) but honestly, unless he is nervous then usually a few minutes, or right when he sees it. unless he is busy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he isn't sitting around waiting for his phone to buzz so he can hang on your every word? Some people have hobbies, lives, hell he could even just be watching TV. There's no time limit on what is acceptable or not...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes