Guy tells me he really likes me, but doesn’t follow through with dates, what should I do?

Long story short, this guy has told me multiple times that he really likes me and that he thinks I’m a great person; he also said verbatim, “if I didn’t think of you as a potential partner, I would’ve stopped talking to you weeks ago.” Here’s the thing, we met online and we’ve been talking for about two months now, but we have yet to meet in person. He asked me out on a date a while back, and I agreed but was a little nervous, so I went to my friends for advice (I’m not really experienced with dating) and they told me that if I’m nervous, it’s my intuition telling me no, so I texted the guy and told him that I’d rather not go out with him. Anyway, I realized that I need to think for myself, so I asked him for a second chance (date) and he agreed about a week later. So we were supposed to go out Saturday, but he canceled because he didn’t want to stay out too late (he had work the next morning). So we rescheduled to Sunday, and he canceled again because he felt sick and had a back ache. Should I just give up on this guy?

45

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say let him come to you, stop texting him for a bit and see if he hits you up. The waiting game is painful but it also shows you all you need to know, he may be telling you the truth and just was a bad weekend for him and he will ask you out. Or you may not hear from him again. Give him a couple weeks and if you hear nothing maybe it's time to let it go.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't have to give up but the ball is in his court. If he asks you to meet him and you are still interested, fine. In the meantime continue with your regular life, including dating other people.