What is happening to him?

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year and a half now, and I recently moved back home to help myself financially while he moved into another apartment. Everything is going well, but he has always had major trust and anger issues. Recently, I got him a puppy for his birthday. She is the sweetest thing in the world, but she is having some issues with being timid and peeing on herself when he approaches her because she is CLEARLY not an alpha dog and he is very large compared to her. When I moved out, he kept the dog, which I was fine with.

Now, mind you I did say that he has anger issues, though they have only surfaced a few times in our relationship, but ever since he moved into his new apartment and is truly on his own, it's almost like something flipped in his brain and he just seems darker all of the sudden. I'm not saying that he is abusive toward me in any way, shape, form, or fashion, because he isn't. He is a very sweet guy and treats me like a princess, but something just seems off lately. Also, I have noticed that the puppy is getting more and more timid, though she is still sweet. He HATES this and tells me this all the time because he always grew up with big, outgoing dogs. Well, today I get a text saying that she peed on herself again, and the text message that followed was a very violent description of what he did to her to the point I was crying reading it because she is only 4 months old. He said that he feels bad, and that he feels like he needs therapy after he did that to her, and I agree. But that being said, this is not him. I don't know what is going on in his brain and where any of this anger is coming from because before he moved into this place, he was a completely different person, and something just seems so dark about him and I can't put my finger on it. Please help me understand what is wrong with my baby.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• So you cried when you read about it, hm? Well, that's gonna make the dog feel better.
    How about you take the puppy away from the psycho, then get him some therapeutical help and top it all by breaking up with him. I mean WTF? Where exactly is your red line that he hasn't crossed it yet?

0|0
    0|0
    • You clearly don't understand what I'm saying. This is the first time anything like this has happened. I am TRYING to get him into therapy. He is not a psycho, and I can't just take the puppy away because I live with my parents my mom is allergic to dogs. He is going to get rid of her and give her to someone who has more time and more patience with puppies. Plus, why would I need to break up with him? What good would that do in this whole situation? He has never laid a hand on me and would never because he knows that if he ever does, I will leave him without a second thought, and he may not live to see another day if my dad has anything to do with it. I am a grown woman and I know when a situation is volatile, and this is not it. He just needs to talk to someone and work out whatever is eating at him, and I want to know what that is to try to get him the right kind of help. I wasn't asking for your bitchy comment.

• Yeah, you were. And hurting animals is psychotic behaviour. But you've already answered my question: your red line hasn't been crossed yet. Suit yourself and good luck with this guy.

• He’s emotionally unstable

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes