Is it wrong to expect your date to pay for your meal while on a date?

Is it wrong to expect your date to pay for your meal while on a date?

I’ve seen some dating books on how most girls wants the guy to pay for their meals.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's wrong.
    Unless 80% of the male population dies it probably won't change. If one guy expects you to pay for your share you can always find another hoping to get in your pants. Women have options.

1|0
    2|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless he says "let me take you out","let me treat you." Or something along those lines there is no reason why you should expect him to pay.

6|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• A first date i like to pay my own bill. But if they truly insist let them pay. That little but of fuss always creates a warm kind of joking attitide to end the date well but thats just me

1|0
    0|0
  • It's old fashioned. I never expect him to pay. I always suggest Dutch Treat, some insist on paying and I make it a point that I pay for drinks or dessert later or I get the next meal.

1|0
    0|0
  • I personally think the guy should pay, but it is nice if the woman offers

3|0
    0|1
  • The woman should usually pay since somebody else did the cooking for her.

1|3
    1|0
  • Yep, it is. He can propose, which you should refuse, but expecting him to pay, without anything else than your time in exchange, that's wrong

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I pay nearly every time, until the later stages of the relationship. Chivalry is only dead to those who keep it that way

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, cause if both people expect others to pay, no ones gonna pay

1|0
    0|0
  • No it's not wrong to expect your date to pay for your meal.

1|0
    0|0
  • No not at all dear... it's actually man thing to take care of his girl/woman...

1|0
    0|0
  • I think u pay for ur food and he pays for his. But if he offers to pay why not.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't pay at the first, second or third date

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes