Crush on a coworker?

One of my coworkers and I get along incredibly well and did pretty much from the very beginning when we started working together (we've worked together for about a month now). Usually it takes me a bit to warm up to people. I can be pretty quiet and will withhold aspects of my personality (mostly quirky humor), but something about him really made me open up to him from the very beginning. We are just really similar people. We have the same sense of humor, we share a lot of the same opinions, have the same ideas about stuff, and have very similar attitudes, among other things. He gave me a big hug at the end of our first day working together and we have since become really good work friends. He's tall, handsome, funny, kind, and smart. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a crush on him.

Here's the rub: he has a girlfriend. They've been together for four years now. While I respect the fact that he is in a relationship and would never try to get him to cheat on her, I do know that our other coworkers do not like her at all. Apparently she's rude and kind of a snob, not like this guy at all. All of our coworkers keep telling me that we should date and I actually agree with them, but we can't. It just goes between feeling hopeful and hopeless. I am Jim and he is Pam, engaged to Roy who is totally wrong for her. Anyone have any advice or experience with similar situations?

11