Guys, do you know when a girl doesn't say yes (any other excuse or a maybe), is a rejection already?

Sometimes the reason I might not be very direct when rejecting a guy is because I don't know who I'm dealing with. I always try to be polite and hopefully he gets the message, which he does. I want to share what happened once when I said ''Thanks but I'm really not interested''.

A couple years ago, I ended up getting a restraining order because this particular fellow wouldn't take no for an answer.
In our last encounter, I was firmly grabbed by my arm and it was him again. He was already trying to pull me towards his car and in my total rage (suddenly instead of fear, I felt total anger and disgust towards him, I really hated his guts at that moment), I said ''Fucking loser, I don't like you, I don't want you, never did and never will'' and somehow managed to push him to the ground, before getting away.

I would later on find out that guy actually would take many random pictures of me and keep them. In his fantasy he thought what he felt was love and that I was suppose to reciprocate.

11