Is my boyfriend a gold digger?

In a long distance relationship. I went to go see my boyfriend for the first time and he never got me flowers or anything.

He paid for gas sometimes and only paid for my food if we ate at mcds, taco bell or cheap places. He asked me to get him a $50 fuel filter. I was lik wtf. He didn't even need it...

I bought him two shirts and two sweaters. He wanted the expensive ones :( Now that I think about it, he never spent anything on me except for gas and cheap food. I really wanted a teddy bear. It was $50 on sale for $10. He told me,"I'll buy it for you. Na, right? Na. You can buy this, right?" And I ended up paying for it myself.

Am I being greedy? Is my boyfriend a gold digger? He asked me to buy his dad a guitar keychain. Told me I should buy his parents something then he will buy my parents something. But then he didn't want to later on...

310

Most Helpful Girl

• See, I don't like it when someone ask me to buy them stuff. I buy you stuff when I feel like it, I don't like to be told to do somethings. I don't like the fact he ask you to buy all those but never return favour.
    Maybe he is a gold digger and what you ask isn't outrageous

Most Helpful Guy

• It is strange, because if the genders were flipped, I would say it isn't unusual (A gold digging woman will want cash. Buying stuff here and there is no big deal). But with the context of a man, he just sounds like a leach.