Is my boyfriend a gold digger?

In a long distance relationship. I went to go see my boyfriend for the first time and he never got me flowers or anything.

He paid for gas sometimes and only paid for my food if we ate at mcds, taco bell or cheap places. He asked me to get him a $50 fuel filter. I was lik wtf. He didn't even need it...

I bought him two shirts and two sweaters. He wanted the expensive ones :( Now that I think about it, he never spent anything on me except for gas and cheap food. I really wanted a teddy bear. It was $50 on sale for $10. He told me,"I'll buy it for you. Na, right? Na. You can buy this, right?" And I ended up paying for it myself.

Am I being greedy? Is my boyfriend a gold digger? He asked me to buy his dad a guitar keychain. Told me I should buy his parents something then he will buy my parents something. But then he didn't want to later on...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• See, I don't like it when someone ask me to buy them stuff. I buy you stuff when I feel like it, I don't like to be told to do somethings. I don't like the fact he ask you to buy all those but never return favour.
    Maybe he is a gold digger and what you ask isn't outrageous

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is strange, because if the genders were flipped, I would say it isn't unusual (A gold digging woman will want cash. Buying stuff here and there is no big deal). But with the context of a man, he just sounds like a leach.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like he really is extorting you for money. This "I'll buy it for you. Na, right? Na. You can buy this, right?" Part is rude and condescending as hell too

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really a gold digger just a con artist lol... seems like the type of guy that's always trying to get a one up...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like he's in it for the money. Especially if he straight up asks you to buy him stuff.

- Aiming to represent general unbiased male opinions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds more like a fuckwit who uses and abuses more like it... and a stengy one at that.. id run if i was you

0|0
    0|0
  • yea i never do ld cause its just bad no matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • Dump him and find a better one who will treat you right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably just cautious, long distance can be scary but usually rewarding

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes he is. A broke loser he seems like.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say he is a dead beat but gold digger works

0|0
    0|0
  • Unlikely its rare for a male to be a gold digger.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes