Boyfriend does not contact me anymore. Is this a red flag?

I (22F) have been dating this guy (26M) for 6 months now, and he used to call me every day for the first few months. After a while, I guess that we have gotten more comfortable with each other and the "chasing" stopped.

Recently, it has been mostly me initiating calls and setting dates. If I chose to wait for him to call me, we would end up not talking for days. This has been bugging me lately, and he seems to be totally fine with what is happening now. I have told him to call me more often, and he would dismiss my request by saying that I could always contact him whenever I want. Whenever I ask him to hang out, however, he would always drop everything to accommodate me, even if it's just going out for breakfast at 8 am in the morning. He also would be 100% present when he's with me, but after we say goodbye, I rarely get texts/phone calls from him.

I don't like calling him a lot because it makes me look desperate and clingy, but I hate not talking to him for days and feeling neglected. Are we doomed? What can I do?

**tl;dr**: Boyfriend never initiates contact with me and I often feel alone and neglected in this relationship. What should I do?

01