Dating advice for a former crip?

So most of my teenage life has been spent in a wheelchair and thanks to Stem Cells research I can finally walk like a normal person. Im now in a university and loving my studies.
I spent most of my free time when I was younger reading and inventing different robots. I never really considered dating anyone b/c I assumed I would be crippled for the rest of my life. So now I'm told by female friends that I'm actually very attractive and it wouldn't be hard for me to ask someone out. The problem is I have a shit personality after being bitter for several years and the only thing that's brought me joy is books, anime, and engineering robots. How do I find my soul mate when I never developed flirting skills as a teenager?

03