So I like someone who isn’t typically what I would go for?

I’m not sure what to say. I’m 33, and have been divorced, had 2 children and I always go for a “type”
Now, I have met someone amazing, but, he is a little rough on the outside. I am very attracted to him but in my stupid mind, am scared of judgement. But he makes me feel diffferent to what I have before.
Why is this bothering me?

110

Most Helpful Girl

• For some reason you are basing your self worth on who you’re seen with. Regardless of what your “type” is or has been, you now find yourself alone so maybe you are growing and learning that “types” dont matter. It’s how you feel when around an individual that does. Go with it and in the process, learn more about yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel. I have always been afraid of other people judging me based on how my SO looks. Its a tough one to get over, but in the end, your happiness is all that matters. Who cares what other people think.

• Your so right. I don’t know why I care I’m almost to old for this shit. It’s 33 years of in a sense, caring. And it’s not that he is not attractive. I find him very sexy, but it’s expectations perhaps, that the guy I’m with is a suit type with career etc. he isn’t this but makes me feel more relaxed than I ever have :)

• Then it sounds like you have finally moved past the insecurity and are ready to be happy. Just go with it. And if someone does judge you for it, then they are probably just jealous because they want the happiness you have found. Good luck!