So I like someone who isn’t typically what I would go for?

I’m not sure what to say. I’m 33, and have been divorced, had 2 children and I always go for a “type”
Now, I have met someone amazing, but, he is a little rough on the outside. I am very attracted to him but in my stupid mind, am scared of judgement. But he makes me feel diffferent to what I have before.
Why is this bothering me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• For some reason you are basing your self worth on who you’re seen with. Regardless of what your “type” is or has been, you now find yourself alone so maybe you are growing and learning that “types” dont matter. It’s how you feel when around an individual that does. Go with it and in the process, learn more about yourself.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel. I have always been afraid of other people judging me based on how my SO looks. Its a tough one to get over, but in the end, your happiness is all that matters. Who cares what other people think.

0|0
    0|0
    • Your so right. I don’t know why I care I’m almost to old for this shit. It’s 33 years of in a sense, caring. And it’s not that he is not attractive. I find him very sexy, but it’s expectations perhaps, that the guy I’m with is a suit type with career etc. he isn’t this but makes me feel more relaxed than I ever have :)

• Then it sounds like you have finally moved past the insecurity and are ready to be happy. Just go with it. And if someone does judge you for it, then they are probably just jealous because they want the happiness you have found. Good luck!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• makes sense to have self doubt but here's the thing, how has your 'type' worked out for you so far? this is time to try new things i think and also im sure you have changed over the years so makes sence you want something different now

0|0
    0|0
  • If he is not your type then you should really think about it cause you have had a hard time before. But if you really like him and it bothers you then I think you should find out about his habits or just test him. . .

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it is something new for you. You don´t have experience with this type. Therefore you are uncertain how to handle the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry what other people think. That's the down fall of our society. Do what makes you happy. I'm judged all the time for my lifestyle but it's never stopped me from doing what I want to be happy

0|0
    0|0
  • We are scared of the unknown please take a plunge with him or you may grow old regretting never giving you both a chance

0|0
    0|0
  • Insecurity. After bad relationships you don't trust him off the bat.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he gives you butterflies then give it a shot. The only way you can not how it will work is try.

0|0
    0|0
  • Scared of judgement from whom?

0|0
    0|0
    • Maybe myself in a way. He isn’t the suit type that I have been with. But I like that. I don’t know why it’s in my head so much

• Well if you feel comfortable and attracted to him, then give it a try ❤️

• Go with it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes