Guys, Is this just a "thing"?

I hang out with this guy and we hook up, but I like him a lot and he says he likes me too. However, he's awful at texting and snap chatting back, so I kind of feel like maybe he is just using me as a hook up. I don't know how to bring it up without sounding awkward, needy, clingy, or ruining what we already have. I don't know if I should do it in person or over text. I want him to be my boyfriend and we have fun when we do hang out but I don't know if it's worth putting up with how bad he is at communicating.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he is just bad at it he might be having the same thoughts as you and he knows that he messed up communication soi would say go ask him out in person

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea maybe, it just feels like when he leaves he is too busy for me till the next time we hang out

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• As a person who sucks at texting also, yeah its a thing. But also we are straight forward. Just ask where you guys at. I've been in so many relationships I thought I was a boyfriend but was a fuckbuddy and vice versa. So just ask when you get a chance!

0|0
    0|0
  • if you want to not have a boyfriend just because he doesn't share you love of the smartphone i think it will be your loss

1|0
    0|0
  • Bring it up in person, if he really likes you, he'll do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would recommend doing it in person, if he's bad at replying then a text combo may not be good. Is he bad at communicating with others?

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh me may be just bad at it or your friends with benefits just ask him. Don't freak out if it's the latter, just how people are.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup you are just a bit of ass to him, why would you think you are anything more?

0|0
    0|0
  • What is the relationship like? Or is it just sex?

0|0
    0|0
    • We hang out, talk, listen to music, go to parties, along with sex

• Well, the thing is, you don't know him. You might want to get to know him first before any relationship

• thats a good point, it just feels like he's too busy to talk to me till he wants to make plans to hang out again. Also, he's very flaky, and when I make the plans he usually bails on me

• He could be just bad at choosing the right words or scared he would come up awkward and if i was confronted about this even if i woldnt want to be your boyfriend, would probably still want to be friends

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes