Do you prefer to date someone who is working on their goals or already reached them?

If you had to choose between someone who is going places in life and goals and achieving them consistently and wants you to be there with them along their path or someone who already reached their goals and is living the life they always wanted and now is happy and just wants you to join the picture?

Express your opinion honestly and explain it to me like I’m an idiot or something πŸ™ƒDo you prefer to date someone who is working on their goals or already reached them?
  • Someone working towards goals
    Vote A
  • Someone who already achieved their goals
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's more fun to know what you want and have goals that you can support each other in achieving together.
    I mean technically nobody completes all their goals, successful people are always challenging themselves or after something else. In the words of the Piano Man, "don't you know that only fools are satisfied?" So there's always gonna be something to work toward :)

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Towards their goals because there's nothing sexier than ambition. Having goals doesn't only have to mean career goals, it can mean personal goals and being able to be there to share and witness the great adventures in life is quite special. Plus if he's already achieved everything, it'll get boring pretty fast

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You should always have goals in my opinion. Once a set of goals is accomplished a new set should be formed. It's not about the destination, it's the journey.

0|1
    0|0
  • There should always be some kind of goal they're trying to accomplish. Otherwise it would be too boring..

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone who has achieved their goals. Because if theyre still trying to achieve that goal, you'll never be the priority for them. You can't settle down with him as he might want to move to a different country etc., to achieve that goal. If he has achieved it already, he can focus on the relatiinship and your future together. Learned that from personal experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find it more interesting to be with someone who sets goals, achieves them AND THEN SETS NEW GOALS to work towards. People who are constantly growing are always more appealing

2|1
    0|0
  • Hmmm... very good question. I would say I'm at a point in life where I want my cake and eat it too. That's just my current perspective, age- and experience wise. I've been through the working towards things phase and want to kind of let my hair down a little bit. But when all is said and done, I'm definitely the kind of person who all but goes for the potential and not just someone who's already got it made. I like helping someone get there. And we have to start over again in life many times any ways, so let me just say that yes, I would be the kind of person to get with someone who's working towards their goals, if they're serious about it. They have to show that they ARE working towards them, though and not just talk about it. I feel I can tell the real deal from the talkers. Most people who are genuine are the ones who've already got something along the way of getting there in order to offer something. Those final accomplishments are just the icing on the cake.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never met anyone who achieved all their goals in life... I bet even Bill Gates or Dalailama still think they have lots of stuff to do

0|1
    0|0
    • True , I should of phrased career wise but I figured some people are just completely comfortable with maintaining everything they have such as career and health.

• Nice thoughtful question. I would say if a person is working on their goals, they'd probably want someone at the same point in their life. However, everyone is different. People can be in different chapters of their lives and make it work.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm totally shocked that all the women didn't vote for the latter.

Most girls are like, "Oh wow, so you're gonna be a doctor in six years? That's so great! I'm gonna party a lot until then, kay? Call me! But not until after, you know..."

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to be part of that adventure, not be the prize at the end. By going on that adventure together we learn to appreciate and respect each other more.

0|1
    0|0
  • You never stop working towards goals. Once you complete the ones you have now you make new ones. If you don't then your a fucking idiot.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think the most important thing is to have the same goals together. It's not important if one already reached some of his/her goals. A good relationship is build on matching goals in life.

0|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't matter whether they are working on their goals or they already achieved them. As long as they have goals and they are attempting to achieve them,, then I'd date her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Working on them cause i would wanna help them reach it

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone working towards goals because we would be at a similar life stage

0|1
    0|0
  • If they already achieved their goals, they must have been pretty mundane.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either is fine.

1|1
    0|0
  • Both are great

0|1
    0|0
  • Working on them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't factor in goals when choosing a partner.

0|1
    0|0
  • working on them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Both

0|0
    0|0
  • Consider going for both!

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone that is working towards there goals but you know as long as they have goals that's the most important

2|1
    0|0
  • Someone working towards goals, because one when achieves some goals, sets others... but if someone considers that his goals are achieved, it means he is ok with little, when he can have more, but i love ambitious men, that always tend to achieve more and more

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone who knows the difference

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes