How soon do you reveal your income to your partner?

1855

Most Helpful Guys

• When it’s actually relevant, such as when you are planning a life together where both of you are sharing assets, commingling finances, otherwise I don’t see a reason why.
    How much income someone makes isn’t always the most important variable, if you make $100k, but owe student loans, have high rent, car payment, and an expensive lifestyle vs, someone who makes $50k, owns 2 properties, has no debt, and more conservative St c, the 2nd person will likely always be ahead of the 1st example... so really, how much money you make, may not even be that important

• More marriages break up because of financial issues, than because of sexual issues. At some point, where the relationship starts getting serious, each should have a fairly good idea of the other's income.

Most Helpful Girls

• I would tell them when it's relevant. If we're trying to find out whether we can afford our own place together, or if something happens and I get pregnant (I hope not this young.), I need to know that he can help support me if I have to take maternity leave. That'll help me know how much I have to save, if I need to work overtime to save for taking leave.

If they ask, I'll tell them though. If we're a few months into the relationship, but it really depends trust. My ex made it a competition. He had to be better than me. He's an ex for a reason.