How soon do you reveal your income to your partner?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• When it’s actually relevant, such as when you are planning a life together where both of you are sharing assets, commingling finances, otherwise I don’t see a reason why.
    How much income someone makes isn’t always the most important variable, if you make $100k, but owe student loans, have high rent, car payment, and an expensive lifestyle vs, someone who makes $50k, owns 2 properties, has no debt, and more conservative St c, the 2nd person will likely always be ahead of the 1st example... so really, how much money you make, may not even be that important

2|1
    0|0
  • More marriages break up because of financial issues, than because of sexual issues. At some point, where the relationship starts getting serious, each should have a fairly good idea of the other's income.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I would tell them when it's relevant. If we're trying to find out whether we can afford our own place together, or if something happens and I get pregnant (I hope not this young.), I need to know that he can help support me if I have to take maternity leave. That'll help me know how much I have to save, if I need to work overtime to save for taking leave.

If they ask, I'll tell them though. If we're a few months into the relationship, but it really depends trust. My ex made it a competition. He had to be better than me. He's an ex for a reason.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I never felt explicitly compelled to reveal my exact income to my partner. I’m pretty sure he found out only after we moved in together.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't hide... But actually I don't have any incomes... But even if I had, I wouldn't hide from him

1|0
    0|1
  • My opinion would be - if it’s a pretty big disparity between the two maybe wait slightly longer. If you know that you care for that person, then you should let them know and be e yak in that relationship. They’re probably the closest person to you, so for better or for worse you should want to support them.

If you earn a more normal amount that you would guess is close tho their figure, tell them when you feel comfortable around them. Don’t hide it

1|1
    0|0
  • I feel it's not really important how much you make until you start a serious relationship (move in together) or get married. Otherwise they don't have to know but it's up to you to disclose

2|0
    0|0
  • Shouldn't be anything withheld from your partner if you are tr7to grow as one. That's anything! A true partner is your best friend. So don't you share every little thing to your BF? Only if you in a relationship that's trying to grow and build. My opinion! That's what I'm looking for. ..

1|0
    0|0
  • Asap. First day of dating them. Thing is I currently have no income and live with my parents. I lay all those cards on the table and if that's not for them, they can leave.

1|0
    0|0
    • Also... if I did have a large income, I would not mention it at all. Basically I don't want someone to judge me based on the amount of income I have, especially a partner.

• I don't unless I absolutely need to (shared expenses). I can feed myself, cloth myself, pay my own rent, etc.. nobody needs to know what I make.

The gold digging from women these days is fuckin' REAL!

1|0
    0|0
  • These days it's a requirement that you must state your income and savings so far to women. Waiting later on just doesn't cut it anymore. Women these days are so demanding of gold.

0|1
    0|1
  • When relationship reach a stage where u r planning to live together or getting serious... u not to disclose figures but u can tell what a life u can give and finances of family will be running...

0|0
    0|0
  • I think only two have ever known exactly what I made at the time.

Whoever I go out with figures out very quickly that I make a lot of money, but not so much that burn it.

0|0
    0|0
  • After she's made it clear she's after me as a person and not after my money.

1|0
    0|0
  • Reveal? As if it's a big big secret. Well, it is, in a way due to data protection laws.
    Now that you mentioned it, how about never? I'm not a fan of common finance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Once you are sure he's with you for you and not your money

0|1
    0|0
  • To me hiding it means you do not trust them. I am not saying to let them know right away but do not wait ten years either.

2|0
    0|0
  • Only if it important cause gotta be careful people kill for it to maybe I watch to much ID.

1|2
    0|0
  • When you know they are truly interested in you. Not your money, so if you have good or great income you know that's not why they're staying

0|0
    0|0
  • The moment when the tax collector and a policeman are at the door.

1|0
    0|0
  • As soon as she asks. I don't make an mystery of it. I'm a student and work next to school. She can imagine it isn't a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Never ever ever. Hide it away, pay yourself from your own accounts and keep as much off shore as possible

0|0
    1|0
  • If we moved in together if not it's none of his business.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont. I want them to love the person, not the wallet.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm union, so I tend not to offer it but I would share if asked.. if you think you're being used you should not be involved

0|0
    0|0
  • He can reveal it ASAP lol me I would never I would lowball it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never hidden what i make, however i wouldn't tell someone my income after just a few months of dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • He knows pretty much everything about me. I wouldn’t keep anything. Haven’t asked what he makes

0|0
    0|0
    • You should.

• It’s not my business what he makes. He makes enough to support himself and extra

• If he is decent enough to live a bit luxury then i agree with jesslin that there is no need to ask.

• Is that some information that you just need to get off your chest?

0|0
    0|0
  • Never do it, lie if you must, your partner will either expect more or think your cheap.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never, but just show her that i'm doing fine is more than enough. (This is what i plan to do)

0|1
    0|0
  • When she asks and if she asks on first date its no go obviously

1|0
    0|0
  • I would tell them when we move in together so we can dividend the bills and household stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • if u can pay your bills and responsibilities then I wouldn't bother

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a set timeline policy of at least 367 days in...

0|0
    0|0
  • I never do. My income is my own.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never, why would I do that?

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say when moving in together so you can budget?

1|0
    0|0
  • Not too soon maybe after dating for about a year

1|0
    0|0
  • None

0|1
    0|1
  • It's actually on my tinder profile.

0|0
    0|0
  • To a partner? At once

0|1
    0|0
  • Never

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't tell my boyfriend how much I make.

0|0
    0|0
  • Immediately

0|0
    0|0
  • When it comes up incidentally anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • When i get full trust on her

0|1
    0|0
  • never

0|0
    0|0
  • When I feel like it. Or if she asks.

0|0
    0|0
  • When the time comes

0|1
    0|0
  • You don't

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

0|1
    0|0
  • When it becomes pertinent and reasonable to do so.

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes