What to do when dating apps don't work?

It seems like everyone on here uses tinder, so I tried that. Thing is I live in a somewhat small town and a bunch of guys here are taken. I downloaded it and most of the profiles are super old. Also when I finally find a match, nobody talks to me! Then I finally found a decent guy but surprise surprise, he just shut up. After us trying to plan a date down the road, he stopped talking to me on Snapchat, even though he was reading my messages. So I deleted tinder. What do I do now? I can't walk up to guys in real life, because 1, that's creepy. And 2, it gives me anxiety.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, then you could explore out and about out of the small town your in. Plus Tinder isn't really one of the most safest apps to use either, and like you said, a lot of older people and a lot of people who are just looking for "fun." So try expanding your search radius a bit.

0|0
    0|0
    • Easier said than done for someone who doesn't live on their own yet and can't drive

• Well, I made a decision that changed my life and let me travel. And its a decision most people don't want to do. And yes, it is easier said than done, but with patience and a good head on your shoulder to partner up with your gracious heart and pure soul then nothing can really stop you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to a church

0|0
    0|0
    • Hell no.. we have enough nuns

• @skywalker165 you’ll meet lots of eligibles there just sayin

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• The lack of facing anxiety makes things worse.

How small is small town? Like small you know listen people or just not hundreds of thousands of people?

0|0
    0|0
    • Franklin NC

• So your issue isn’t the apps it’s that literally your pool of potential partners is tiny. My daughters high school is 1/3 the size of your town and we act like “ahh you will meet more people once you’re out in university”

• First of all, it's not creepy to go up and talk to someone. Secondly, being anxious when you're doing something new is normal, not something you need to avoid. Try living life for real instead of through the internet.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not the best looking out of my friends. I've got some bumps and black spots on my face. That gives me anxiety

• See all have imperfections. I'm certainly no prize 😜! That's just something you need to be at peace with.

• I guess your only real option (based on what you have said you aren't comfortable with) is to expand you search area with other free dating apps (POF. com)

0|0
    0|0
    • Believe me, I've tried. I once met a guy on POF but he said to his current girlfriend that there was nothing interesting he found about me. And the next thing I know, he's going out with a friend of mine. And then she has the nerve to bring him to my workplace. You don't know how much that crushed me. I met another guy who was actually decent but decided to stop talking to me

• Your stuck then. You could try waiting for the Facebook dating service to go live and try that (it'll be new so maybe some new people will show up on there). Ultimately though, and I know that it is easier said than done, you may just have to try dating offline - singles events, speed dating, old fashion bar crawl... whatever.

• Again though, easier said than done for the meetups and stuff. And not everyone has Facebook

• I just try another one & Tinder isn’t that great like no one responds when you message them at least for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I never ever installed tinder or any of the dating apps fearing it may get hacked and my information would be released.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same problem here. Small town and people have unrealistic views of the perfect guy. Or I'm ugly as a boot lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • Get over your anxiety, and try with real life guys, that ain't creepy

0|0
    0|0
  • Your 18 dont worry about it live life and see what happens

0|0
    0|0
  • Go outside.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes