Guy said he wants to go out for coffee with me, but then suggested we meet at a fancy restaurant. Are we eating or?

So this guy and I just met. We don’t know each other at alll. But, we both want to go out and he suggested we go out for coffee. So of course I agreed, and when I asked where we should meet he said this restaurant, but it’s kinda fancier and now I’m confused if we’re going to be eating or if we’ll just be having coffee at this restaurant? I’m mainly asking because I’m trying to lose weight and just really want coffee since eating out is killer. I don’t want to ask him because I don’t want to sound like I need the exact details and to sound annoying I guess. Also, if we’re eating is it stupid to order just a soup and salad?

03