Is it normal for things to be awkward initially when dating?

This guy and I just met.. we got matched up kinda by my friend but I suggested it since I thought he was cute. He thought I was super cute too and the first time we met sparks FLEW. We have a date tomorrow, but today I briefly saw him and things weren’t like the first time, it was more awkward and stiff... like he asked me questions about myself and family but I hate direct questions without much context and I just didn’t answer fully and the whole thing between us today felt off. Like I was super nervous and he was nervous and I swear most of the things I said were literally so stupid because all I could think about were how great his eyes were. Is this normal?

2587

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but you know, I think awkwardness can be cute, endearing and even sexy depending on how the other person handles it and responds. I aware, I have no reason to by shy, not at this point, and I’m not a shy person but if a girl can make me feel shy, that is a good thing, but it’s my job to let her know that. You really do have to allow yourself to be vulnerable, take risks and see the humor in it, or else awkwardness can easily be misinterpreted. If the guy is not able to use the awkwardness to both of your advantage, than sometimes, the girl has to take the lead, and break the ice

• I’ll actually tell you about my last date awkwardness, she had no reason to understand why I was shy, she thought she had the wrong guy, as I was so different. The reality was, I had a boner talking to her and it was totally inappropriate, and I felt like dying, I thought she knew or saw it and got all nervous, basically walked away to allow things to settle down. In the meantime she actually was texting her friend “he doesn’t like me and is bored” so you see? How messed up it is? The only reason I know this, is because I had the balls to tell her, not that I wanted to, not because I felt it was flattering or strategic, but I told her because it made me totally vulnerable and took a risk... guess how the night ended? Or do you really have to guess

Most Helpful Girl

• Uh... YES! What you want is a player. They are smooth from date 1 until they dump you for your best friend. Otherwise conversation is based on shared experiences and interests. Since you have no experiences you have to find out interests via questions. Give him a break. He's actually trying. You can ask questions too. Google questions for dates and pick a few to add into your convo to make it more interactive.

Ps. Almost all 2nd dates are awkward. Thats why i always go on 3 boyfriend deciding, unless i find out something super bad on date 2, like he's married.