How long to wait before asking a girl out after a breakup?

I’ve been talking to this girl for 4 months (co-worker) we both like eachother but she was in this long relationship outta highschool. They finally broke up 2 days ago. Yesterday I gave her some space because I’m not a creep. I legit want to be with her. How long should I wait?
Updates:
Update : She wants to grab drinks after work and go hiking on Saturday... I don’t want to be just a rebound. Is she just rebounding/looking for a distraction? Advice!

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Just start getting closer. Even without dates. Go out for lunch, coffee, drinks, etc.
    A couple weeks might be enough. But, be there for her in the meantime. That'll help her feel protected and will reduce the urge of sleeping with a random guy cause for depression

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her on a casual date (coffee etc that can be both a friendly thing or a date) and see how she reacts to you being flirty. Positive - ask her on a real date, negative - stick to being friendltly and date other people.

0|1
    0|0
    • She seemed happier today. She was throwing some confetti on my desk (left over from her birthday) and candy. So she's doing better.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Wait 2 weeks. If you ask now you are a) the rebound and b) a stalker. She'll wonder why you were waiting like a pavlovian dog to see when she was going to be single... neither option sounds great. If another guy swoops in, he will be one of those things, so it won't last anyway. You'll still get your chance. Timing is everything

0|1
    0|0
  • Def like 3 months or more mate
    It depends on how much quality time she will spend with yaa in that time
    Get to know her more and care for her
    But don't over exaggerate and get annoying but show ger that u appreciate her presence and get to know her more
    At the end u will def be able to ask her out
    Maybe she will fall in love with or get interested and give signs
    It's prob hard to wait that long but I hope it's worth it
    GOOD LUCKK

0|1
    0|0
  • Id say two or three months. Spend more time together as friends. Maybe hookup once. But don’t define the relationship. Just do what men usually do. Be shady af!!! Send mixed signals!!!

1|1
    0|0
    • Really? You dont think being aloof and sending mixed signals will turn her off?

• It’ll make her more interested. We like what we can’t have.

• Don’t be too friendly. You’ll end up in the friend zone. Make sure you hook up and give it to her good. Hard. She’ll be hooked

• Couple of months will be perfect. She just broke up long relationship so it's not that easy to move on

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah I know :/ what do you think about what Givemeguidance said?

• I don't know. I think you should be there for her that she knows that you are waiting for her. Maybe you should be funny and flirting, but don't push it

• Asap. She's looking for comfort now it's you or someone else. Just don't be creepy touchy.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes it can help to move on... it also depends on the type of break up. If she's really sad maybe you should choose slow approach and wait, maybe just try to be really nice to her and talk to her

0|0
    0|0
  • A few months maybe

0|0
    0|0
    • Damn that seems like a long time. I don’t want to wait too long :/

• I have read somewhere that it takes about half the length of the relationship to get over that same relationship

• Well fuck. I’m going to have to guage this. My dumbass was thinking like a week lol. This is going to SUCK. I don’t want someone to beat me to the punch.

• Only when you know you are ready.

0|1
    0|0
  • One day.

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 months maybe

0|0
    0|0
  • at least 2 months

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask her for coffee or something low key. TBH I was dating the day I got out of my last relationship but it depends on who broke up w who, how long they were together and so on

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes