How long to wait before asking a girl out after a breakup?

I’ve been talking to this girl for 4 months (co-worker) we both like eachother but she was in this long relationship outta highschool. They finally broke up 2 days ago. Yesterday I gave her some space because I’m not a creep. I legit want to be with her. How long should I wait?
Update : She wants to grab drinks after work and go hiking on Saturday... I don’t want to be just a rebound. Is she just rebounding/looking for a distraction? Advice!

113

Most Helpful Guy

• Just start getting closer. Even without dates. Go out for lunch, coffee, drinks, etc.
    A couple weeks might be enough. But, be there for her in the meantime. That'll help her feel protected and will reduce the urge of sleeping with a random guy cause for depression

Most Helpful Girl

• Ask her on a casual date (coffee etc that can be both a friendly thing or a date) and see how she reacts to you being flirty. Positive - ask her on a real date, negative - stick to being friendltly and date other people.

• She seemed happier today. She was throwing some confetti on my desk (left over from her birthday) and candy. So she's doing better.