If you marry the first person you date, do you feel like you're missing out on life?

This was on a question on the radio today. I personally have mixed feelings about it. But what do guys think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a stupid idea. If your plan is to marry and spend the rest of your life with someone you love and you've already found them - the relationship is great, you love them, you're both loyal - you're not missing out on anything.

Most people get tired of dating because they end up with so many assholes, cheats, or just people who aren't right for them. If you already have that you're lucky. To throw that away to have a string of bad relationships or casual sex - which as a woman will be mostly with people who only see you as a piece of meat and don't respect you at all - is incredibly stupid.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You could be, both of you need to get to know each other for at least three years in my opinion. You really don't need more than a year to know if you want to marry someone, but if they are your first date, then you might need enough time. I think many high school sweet hearts are miserable but won't say it. I was quite mature as a teen, but I am not the same person today as I was years ago, so glad I never married straight out of highschool.

2|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It probably depends on the person.

I've known couples who married the first person they dated back in high school. Some of them are still married more than 40 years later. I know one couple who started going together in the 8th grade and were still together the last I knew. I've never heard them complain about it, but then I never asked either. I think being married that long says a lot though.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I don't think so. I'm marrying my first serious boyfriend. I had a boyfriend for a few months in high school but my fiance is my first serious one.

If they check all the boxes then what's the point of seeing what else is out there?

1|1
    0|0
  • Few are lucky enough to get it right on first person they date.

1|1
    0|0
    • Yes, but assuming you do.

I personally didn't get it right lol

• Well, 'lucky' is the key. So, wanna slap the goddess of luck together? 😂

• Yeah, sort of. But then, I haven't dated anyone. However, if it was about marring the first person you fancied, then I'd be in the shit for bigamy. Yeah, I fancied a few girls at school. All in the same friendship group. I was a right proper little Tony DiNozzo in them days...

Simples...

1|0
    0|0
  • first time it failed, second time it lasted 37 years before she passed away feb this year. I didn't miss nothing

1|0
    0|0
  • If after more than 2 years I dated that person, I wouldn't care, in fact I would feel lucky, but if after less than two years I decided to married I think I might feel like I rush things. Eventually, yes, I would feel like I missed a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope I'm living that at the moment not married yet but will most likely to propose some time next year and for me the way I love my girl I'm luck I met her that I met her first is a plus

2|0
    0|0
  • @MsMusic I'm glad I did not marry the first person I dated. I was like 10 😂😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I think you would possibly resent not dating others and may be tempted to break your vows. On the b other hand, girls, if you have a child at that age, you will lose many experiences in life.

1|0
    0|0
  • If the first person you date is right for you and you have been together for a while then i think you should get married

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always wondered why people say they've found "the one", how can anyone say that if they haven't dated enough people to know?

1|0
    1|2
  • I would, if I had done it. But I may feel that way no matter who I marry.

1|0
    0|0
  • you could but dating too many people can make you jaded

1|0
    0|0
  • Definetly yes. I think "waiting till marriage" is kind of an American thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably. Gotta sample the buffet haha

1|0
    1|0
    • that's an interesting way to view things 😂😂

• Not if in fact that is the person God has for you.

1|1
    1|0
  • Y the he'll anyone want it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I couldn’t tell you

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that's silly.

1|0
    0|0
  • no never and thats real love think about it?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes