If you marry the first person you date, do you feel like you're missing out on life?

This was on a question on the radio today. I personally have mixed feelings about it. But what do guys think?

616

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a stupid idea. If your plan is to marry and spend the rest of your life with someone you love and you've already found them - the relationship is great, you love them, you're both loyal - you're not missing out on anything.

Most people get tired of dating because they end up with so many assholes, cheats, or just people who aren't right for them. If you already have that you're lucky. To throw that away to have a string of bad relationships or casual sex - which as a woman will be mostly with people who only see you as a piece of meat and don't respect you at all - is incredibly stupid.

Most Helpful Girl

• You could be, both of you need to get to know each other for at least three years in my opinion. You really don't need more than a year to know if you want to marry someone, but if they are your first date, then you might need enough time. I think many high school sweet hearts are miserable but won't say it. I was quite mature as a teen, but I am not the same person today as I was years ago, so glad I never married straight out of highschool.