Can you love someone after only 2 months of being official?

I went out of town with my boyfriend to meet his family for a weekend. And everyone was having a good time, him and I were cuddled up talking and enjoying each other's company watching the stars. And out of know where he looks at me and says i love you... i was totally surprised and taken back by his confession. I've had some issues with past relationships so I don't trust easily. The thing is we have only been officially together for 2 months now but were in the talking and just friends stage for 6 months. I'm worried an thinking it's too soon for the love word to be out there but he says to him he's looking at the whole time, cause he had feelings and wanted this before we went official. Opinions.. is it too soon?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally I have this condition that must be met and it takes time, for me to call it love. However, I now hesitate to judge others, as maybe there is love, but I have a difficult time personally accepting the idea of being in love with someone when both are still clearly learning about each other.. when those moments where people show their true colors, in moments of crisis, of selflessness or accepting flaws etc have yet to be materialize. Personally, I think people are saying I love being with you, I love the feeling you give me, I love you, because you are here... very subtle difference but much different meaning personally

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a huge diference between love and admirarion/like/etc. Love only ocurs ejem after you know your true self (all bad and good things about you, even the boring parts) and still want you and won't change anything from you. Dont worry, time will tell you, well, to be clear.. is something that only both of you could feel...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• For him it wasn't soon if he said it now... He felt it and feel like this so he said it... Maybe for you is soon but I don't think for him is too

1|0
    0|0
  • whatever be only when you get married, only then it is official and recognized until now it is just game and play around.

boyfriend and girlfriend relationship will never been recognized by Law at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's absolutely possible to love someone that soon. But the problem is not many people can at first distinguish between love and infatuation. So he might really love you and only time will tell.

0|0
    0|0
  • So this is a very dicey question. It's easy to feel that you're in love with someone you start relating to so much or as a result of the kind of bond you develop with them in so little time. But I would never suggest you to tag such a feeling as love before you take good amount of time to verify it. In just two months it's a chance that it might just be a strong feeling of affection or infatuation. So loosen the hold, take your time, slowly evaluate and go with the flow. Good luck!

1|0
    0|0
  • He opening towards you, and despite respecting his confession you are mingled up in your world of insecurities because of your past relationships.
    You have to trust the fella you're with, otherwise nothing's gonna work out.
    P. S: Nothing's too soon. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, so embrace it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not too soon. Say what you feel. I get it if you've been hurt before but if he is comfortable with you, willing to go the extra mile, and really shows he cares, he means it, and if he really loves you he'll understand your struggle to reciprocate

0|0
    0|0
    • I've been hurt plenty of times and so in turn it makes it hard for me to trust that when he says he's different and that he loves me. I know it's not fair to him but it doesn't make it any easier for me

• Show All
    • I'm sorry to hear that🙁 I can relate to her, that's how I feel. After being hurt by so many it's hard to give ourselves over to a possible good guy, to trust that he's different. And in the end we end up pushing them away blaming them for what other men did. It's easy to see just not easy to change

• Give him time and observe how he does things. Otherwise the cycle continues and he gives up on being a good person, if he actually is, then he hurts the next girl for the same reason you hurt him, then she does the same to the next guy and so on until someone breaks the cycle.

• It's not too soon. When you know, you know. That doesn't mean that you are obligated to say it back. It takes courage to to tell someone you love them for the first time, and he wouldn't have said it if he didn't mean it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can love someone as fast as blink. But this love is the passion kind. The real thing only time can give. Being on love is fast but love someone is pretty hard

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think it is too soon. It may be too soon for you but not for him. Take all the time you need. If he truly does love you, he will wait for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gal, it took my boyfriend 3 DAYS to say he loved me. i wasn't sure at first so i took a minute to think and i said i loved him too.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion you can, for me love is a state of mind, and as such it can change drastically over time, so yeah you can love him/her/it after only two weeks but yoy could also don't feel like that anymore after the following two weeks

0|0
    0|0
  • The amount of time beforehand is arbitrary. If you been it's too soon, then it is. If not, then go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s lust. You can only love someone you TRULY know inside and out, good and bad, ugly and pretty!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes he knew you six months prior he could’ve been falling in love with you before you guys actually made it official

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes
    I am not even in relation with a girl and I am in love

Some boys don't take time to fall in love

Don't worry though he won't force u I think

It's normal
    He might care for u a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • it's not too soon.. look.. every one is looking for something in the person he want to complete his life with.. when he find it , he 'll not hesitate and talk steps

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i can love someone after just 2 months of it being official.
    That's how it went on with my first girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me it's to soon, I need at least a year or two.

0|0
    0|0
  • All depends on how he treats you and if you knew him a long time.

0|0
    0|0
    • He treats my kids and I great. He's a great guy. And we've known each other for 7 months and been dating for almost 3

• Yes I loved my boyfriend within a few weeks and we have been together for 3 years now

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved my girl since the moment I saw her for the first time.

0|0
    1|0
  • Yes you can love someone after 2 months.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes u can

0|0
    0|0
  • You can love someone after knowing them for a day

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you can. But say and actions go together

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that it is possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it not to soon

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve either known in about 2 weeks of really being together or it hasn’t happened.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes