Is it wrong to avoid mentioning my nationality in my dating profile?

I'm British, but I've been living in the U. S. for over a decade now since my family moved. I went to high school and college over here, and am very integrated. I kept the English accent, but I operate in my daily life the same way Americans do. I started a profile on Bumble a month ago, and I didn't mention my nationality in my profile, since I feel it doesn't define me and I wanted to emphasize my hobbies and interests. Most of my dates have gone well so far (with a number of requests for seconds and thirds), but the guys always seem surprised to learn that I'm English when I show up on the date. They're like "Woah, unexpected," but then we just have a normal date. So... is this something I have to disclose in my profile? Will guys honestly feel misled if I'm not American?

44108

Most Helpful Girl

• What’s bumble? Honestly sometimes I find it really weird because I’m a dark complexion Latina/African American. I love my complexion but sometimes I feel like people might think I’m tan or something in pics so I get nervous becahse if a white guy talks to me I can’t just blabber hey you know I’m black right? But at the same time I want to make sure they’re ok with my ethnicity. Some guys flat out say, I like darker complexion girls and I get a sense of relief lol. I also try to find a way to disclose that I am not model skinny. Online dating is so hard because I never want to paint a picture that is not true lol.

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know too many guys who would care about that but it's actually something super interesting about you that I think would be a benefit to share on you profile. It makes you a little unique and that is a good thing so I would mention it for those reasons.