Should I reject someone because of his trastes for music?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, this is something I'm kinda picky about.

Then again, I'm MsMusic. hmmm..

But I'm only picky when I look at strangers. Like on my tinder profile, I'll reject someone due to music taste. However, if I have a friend who I've known for a while, even just a few weeks or months, I probably wouldn't mind at all, although I'd prefer to have a common music taste lol

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that you would consider that possibility suggests that you are probably not ready for a serious relationship.

6|18
    0|1
    • If I find out my potential girl likes country music, I'll be very careful. That shit makes my ears bleed! It's almost a deal breaker for me. But if she doesn't play it around me, then life is good! So I don't agree with you... No offense

• @SecondGuy No offense taken.

• The only thing I would ask is that she played it with some sort of listening device on so I would not have to hear it. I can tolerate other music types but I wouldn't be too happy to hear it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• ... No?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd feel pretty bummed out if this happened to me, what I listen to and what I find pleasing to listen to varies and changes pretty often and is not an accurate representation of who I am as a person and neither is it for any one else.
    So to answer your question, no don't reject them for that reason, I'd say give it a chance and get to know them for who they are not what for what they listen to.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're going to be alone for along time if you're finding reason such as different tastes in music, to reject someone hun. A person doesn't have to like everything you like for a relationship to work, yes you want someone who has common interest but it's okay to not share the same hobbies. My boyfriend loves sports but I could care less for sport and we still love each other. So, rejecting him cause music could result in you rejecting a good relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • You have a very naive and simple mindset when it comes to setting criteria for a partner. Expecting people to must like the things you like just conveys a selfish side of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, that's a poor reason unless he's shoving his music down your throat. My boyfriend listens to metal which I can tolerate at times and at other times I'll change the music to something more proper rather than someone screaming. lmao

0|0
    0|0
  • If that is a dealbreaker for you then... wow... I don't think you are ready. Trying to find someone who is basically your male equivalent gets boring fast because he has nothing new to offer you and you don't have anything to offer him as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • You’re super shortsighted if you ask me. If music taste is a reason to reject him, you’re gonna be alone for a long long time.

0|1
    0|0
  • No u should not. If u find a guy who is caring, who makes you laugh u need to compromise little bit like the guy will do... Supposed if u reject him and you get a worst guy in your life or he don't care it will be a bad thing because u won't find a good guy caring guy

0|0
    0|0
  • If they like The chainsmokers,
    I swipe left. Always.

1|0
    0|0
  • I found out my long term partner likes Taylor Swift... I just don't know if we can make it work anymore...

1|0
    1|0
    • 🤣🤣😂😂

• I'm not a fan of Taylor swift. But exactly what is wrong with a guy liking Taylor swift? Do enlighten me.

• @yucychan I'm disappointed he likes such shit music, I thought I knew him better 😂🤣 nothing to do with gender, just Swift.

• Thats not a mature reason to reject someone. Music doesn’t make someone a good mate or a bad mate. Just people by their character not their taste in music. Music is an art and art is subjective.

1|1
    0|0
  • If it matters enough to you that you can't like that person otherwise, every reason is a good enough reason to reject someone

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say that is being a little too picky. You could look at it as you two expanding each others tastes in music.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well by the end of the day its your choice but i dont think so because you should look deeper and know more of the person cuz who knows? You may noy like the same type of music but love everything else about them

0|0
    0|0
  • I think its a bad decision to reject someone for that reason.
    If you are really confused just imagine a person for whom you have fallen very badly and he rejects you for the reason you have stated above.
    you have your answer.✌️

0|0
    0|0
  • If music is more valuable to you than the guy and what he has to offer, then yeah, reject him. But actually, don’t.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think rejecting someone for musical taste alone is very wise.

0|0
    0|0
  • No two human being is equal or have same senses and liking so just for music you can not reject someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if it's someone I have known for a long time and I care about I don't really mind. But if it's someone new then I would be more likely to reject. I am very picky about music taste.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course no. But tastes for music may describe person lifestyle or set of mind. And there is a question if you really in connect with that person. For majority music is not so important.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend if your partner is refusing to let you play your music or is being obnoxious with their music

But otherwise I don't see a reason to reject them

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and he should reject you for your inability to spell "tastes".

0|0
    0|0
  • If you value music over all else and can't see the relationship being healthy with his music tastes then yes, otherwise probs not

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if music is important to u. If u just listen in the car mainly, then no. But if u listen to it all the time (at home with speakers) then yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe not initially for that reason, however it could be a good indicator that you're of different personalities

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you're a shallow cunt who doesn't care about anyone but yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • No if the guy is really cool but he likes trash music just introduce him to better music

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if you're 16 or younger, either mentally or physically.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes reject him as music is the most important thing in life

0|2
    0|0
    • To be fair, thats asuming thaynmen are the most important thing as well, which isn't true, the real awnser is, if you value music over relationships, dont do it, also, people who like some things that you dont, leaves open gaps for exploring

• Show All
    • @Myrothos don't take me seriously

• Lol okay

• No, you don't have to, you can actually loose a good person with bad taste of music. Just be patient with him and try and see if you can compromise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends i mean i strongly dislike screamo heavy metal and ir if ir influences their behavior a lot/ extremely then for me it's a turn off

0|0
    0|0
  • That's the most ridiculous things I 've ever heard. Please check things u both have in common and not things u don't have in common

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's what you want to do then sure, but it seems that if that's the only reason to reject him your trying to find an excuse

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Although, If you're that shallow then you're probably better off not approving for both of your sakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if you're ok with him rejecting you for your bad spelling.

0|0
    0|0
  • For me , I can't listen to pop music with the one i like all the time... at some point it has to stop

0|0
    0|0
  • hell... thats tough. I guess... I really should see the guy first hahaha

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what kinda music we're talking about haha

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's that big of a deal to you, you can but I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Only if you're forced to listen to it all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • If you absolutely despise a style and he loves it. IG

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless it's some kind of Satanic ritual theme in which he partakes, I'd say no to this bullshit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only if all he listens to are songs on murdering people, suicide and dark magic, lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Unless you like want to die when you hear it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If u like him it shouldn't matter so No ur just odd

0|0
    0|0
  • No unless you want to date a male version of yourself opposites attract Ying an Yang

0|0
    0|0
    • I want to date a male version of myself. I've never been attracted by opposites, but instead, repudiated.

• Fair enough if your that into yourself

• Of course not! Everyone has his or her own opinions in everything

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugh.. no I mean if your limiting your self to certine geners your missing out on a lot of good music and the other people that enjoy that music.
    I really truly don't understand how one can limit them self like that. It boggles my mind there is soooo many awesome tunes out there on different sides of the spectrum. So in turn awesome music attracts awesome personalities. Step outside your comfort zone and just listen. Both in relationships and music. Who knows you might find a new song you like. Or a new friend that you can have those types of conversations with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely No. It has nothing to do with emotions and love life

0|0
    0|0
  • You can not reject someone because trastes for music different people's have different choices

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes