When it comes to dating advice, do you trust your parents or your friends more?

• Parents
  • Friends
  • Both Parents and Friends are not a good source of advice
    Vote C

83110

Most Helpful Guy

• Frankly, I just trust my instincts and be myself.
    Good advice from anyone is most welcome as matter of fact, but being myself with her, is more important, otherwise I would be wearing a mask that will eventually fall down one day, or I will be doing what other people are already doing, thus imitating others, and it is not me.
    Dating phase should be crystal clear about who you really are so the person you are dating could know you. No matter how much imperfections we have, they are someone else's perfections. Hiding them will do no good.
    If I feel like gifting her a book instead of a red rose, then it will be for a reason and useful. If she appreciates it more than a rose, then you are good, otherwise, it is better to be done with it from the first date in my own honest opinion.
    Parents have different point of views as for they are from a different generation.
    Friends may have each their own advices too.

My Answer:
    You can listen to advice from everybody, but follow your own instinct and be yourself.

• You have really good opinions on GAG.. keep up the good work man! Your killing it!

• Thank you my friend.
      I am glad I am useful and helpful to others as for I have joined this community aiming to help.
      Sharing my own personal experience too so other people could learn from the mistakes I have made, why not?

Again, thank you!!

Most Helpful Girl

• I follow all of my mom's relationship advice because she's the only one I actually open up to about that stuff. I don't have friends that I am close enough with to feel comfortable discussing private matters like that.
    My mom gives great advice and she's very empathetic and reasonable in her approach to things. We think very similarly, as well, so we can often come to agreements.
    Plus, she's "older and wiser," and my friends don't know anything about relationships anyway since they're all single.