Why isn't he as affectionate twords me as he was twords his ex?

I see my bfs old posts on fb all the time and some things are starting to bother me.
There are a shit ton of posts he made for her. Lots are super sweet and cute and lovey like he really wanted to show everyone how happy she made him.
So if he loves me like he says he does, why isn't he as openly affectionate with me?
Am I not as valued or is it just different with me?
I really do love this man, but I don't want to get hurt.. if he still loves her more or if I'm not good enough I don't know what id do ugh

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Its quite possible he doesn't feel the need to constantly remind you that he loves you cause he trusts in you to know this instinctively.

Its very possible his ex was the type to be VERY insecure. And as such he felt the need to constantly reassure her. But your stronger and as such he doesn't feel the need to be nearly as clingy. Cause he trusts in you as a partner and someone he can love on equal terms. .

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• How long have you been together? Have both you and your new boyfriend done stuff that would warrent a post? If the relationship is still new, he may not be ready to brag to his friends about you. Ask him about it.

0|0
    0|0
    • Technically we have been together for almost two years now, he went to prison for six months and I stood by him. I wrote letters every other day and had a place for him to come out to. It burned down tho...

• I don't think he is 100% into the relationship. I am not saying that he is cheating, but his head is somewhere else. You have opened yourself to him, and I am sure he appreciates it. But if he is not showing any form of encouragement to better the relationship, or going out of the way impress you or make you happy. Then I would say that this relationship has become stale, and is not going to improve.

• Do you know if she's the one who left him or the opposite?

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't really know that as he doesn't like to talk about it, but I believe that they parted ways and she went to a friends for a few days before moving back in with her ex

• Well obviously he's afraid of getting hurt again, just give him sometime to get over that bad experience.

• Talk with him

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes