Is the internet killing the dating game?

I mean i feel like all the online stuffs all these apps and some people just living there life on social medias for example guys and girls worrying about how long it took the other person to view or respond to there message, the fact that they are no longer sending you streaks or tagging you in memes mean they no longer like you instead of concetrating in what the person tells you in person.
Am just curious to hear what you guys think about this.Is the internet killing the dating game?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Disagree, I think social media does more good than it does bad. For someone like me who's selectively mute, communicating through text allows me to socialize in ways I'd be unable to otherwise.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well true that make sense, i do like communicating more by text too, but you know about so many social media life i feel it can be toxic sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• Dating has change over the years. lot of more players in my college. not many people like to be on their own. I met my current boyfriend of facebook from one of my girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well I gave online dating apps a chance twice. First time it was a total mess and just made me sad cause of the results. Second time I got way better results, but no success so I used it like a statistic. I used the App lovely and you can see a little bit of the people who visited your profile and whi simply liked it without watching your profil before. In both categories I had about 40 person, but none of those who liked have watched it before, so I have lost interest in it and deinstalled it. A friend of mine had more "luck". He had to use the App for about a year and had to spend hours per day and it has cost a lot of money, but he has found his girl there. Even my mum has found her man on a dating website years ago. A bit more seriously, but still a dating website, and she is happy as hell with him.
    I would say dating apps became quite mainstream and they give more chances for people to meet others. Especially introverts can meet their future partner there more easily. A "problem" is the unproportional status in dating apps. While women often lose control about the messages because they simply get to much, men have less or just no messages. I would maybe try again a serious dating website like partnership in the future, but Tinder and stuff are too much forced on looks and the success is very less.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah and about communication... I must disagree. The internet has created a new form of relationship. The long distance relationship. I wouldn't have found my first girlfriend and our LDR wouldn't have last so long without the internet. It's good we have it and it's our decision what we make with it.

• I think it just adds more of a insecurity part to the dating game, because everyone worries about what the other could be doing, since they can't physically see them

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah to the some point... i take My female friends as an example... They play hard when I don't respond to their texts quickly... They don't know what's going in my personal life... But I do respond them whenever I'm online.. Instead they don't respond for hours and still stays online.. I don't bother about it as i don't expect anything from people.. I'm sure internet ruining dating stuff..

1|0
    0|0
  • Social media is making us quite unsociable, in person.

1|0
    0|0
  • To be fair, I think such a ritualistic approach to love as the traditional date is a little cold.

0|0
    0|0
  • The internet is the greatest thing ever to be invented.
    Don’t diss it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it's human that r loosing interest on human.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I think so

0|0
    0|0
  • We have a choice, don't blame internet

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that's the case.

1|0
    0|0
  • Matches should be arranged