Ashamed of Girlfriends Looks?

What do you do if you like your girlfriend, she's a great girl and all...

But she's not that good looking, and I have a lot of judgy family and friends who will judge her and think she is ugly...

So I don't want to show her off to them, but I like her...

83

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you feel shame at the way your girlfriend looks, you should do the right thing and end the relationship (without telling her the real reason, out of consideration of her feelings). She deserves to be with someone who doesn't feel shame being with her. As for your family and friends, don't subject your girlfriend to their ridicule by introducing her to them, because they sound like they are very much like you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's more of a problem with you're own self esteem around ur famliy thatn her, and it's selfish to have a girlfriend if you're just going to be thinking about how ugly the whole time, imagine how that would make her feel

• She's not ugly, it's just my family will say I can do better..

• Same thing- it's going to make her feel horrible, and if you believe that even a bit then you shouldn't be with her, it's not fair, and plus her family/most families probably think the same thing, but in the end if you really like her it shouldn't matter