Ashamed of Girlfriends Looks?

What do you do if you like your girlfriend, she's a great girl and all...

But she's not that good looking, and I have a lot of judgy family and friends who will judge her and think she is ugly...

So I don't want to show her off to them, but I like her...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Since you feel shame at the way your girlfriend looks, you should do the right thing and end the relationship (without telling her the real reason, out of consideration of her feelings). She deserves to be with someone who doesn't feel shame being with her. As for your family and friends, don't subject your girlfriend to their ridicule by introducing her to them, because they sound like they are very much like you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's more of a problem with you're own self esteem around ur famliy thatn her, and it's selfish to have a girlfriend if you're just going to be thinking about how ugly the whole time, imagine how that would make her feel

1|0
    0|0
    • She's not ugly, it's just my family will say I can do better..

• Same thing- it's going to make her feel horrible, and if you believe that even a bit then you shouldn't be with her, it's not fair, and plus her family/most families probably think the same thing, but in the end if you really like her it shouldn't matter

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If you're ashamed of her, you shouldn't be with her.

1|0
    0|0
    • Should I break up with her?

• Show All
    • I'd be more sad to find out my man was ashamed of me.

• Well I'm not ashamed of her, I don't know how to explain... I like her... Physicaly and Mentally but I'm scared of what my family will think... I don't want to hear anything, it will hurt me and her

• I figured a lot of guys feel the same but they don't wanna say it.
    Many guys find chubby/larger/dark skin women to be attractive but these women are not the ideal beauty standard. They want approval from the society and people around them. Sad.
    Leave her dude. She deserves someone better.

1|1
    0|0
  • She deserves better. You care about what people think more than you care about her.

1|0
    0|0
    • I do care about her... I'm just in a really judgy network... I never knew my friends and family were so judgy

• If she makes you embarrassed or ashamed to be with her because of other people's opinion, you better leave her and learn how to properly love someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude you shouldn't be with her if you're not proud of her. If you can't get over what other people will think about her, then she deserves way better than you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Screw what other people think, show her to your family and friends and prove to her that you really do love her

0|0
    0|0
  • Dude, if you love her then fuck their opinion! Don't be a sheep!

0|0
    0|0
  • Never be with someone your not attracted to.

0|0
    0|0
    • I am attracted to her

• You just said she is not that good looking. I mean, it's important to be attracted to personality. But it's also important to be attracted to her look. Both things are important in a relationship?

• I am attracted to her looks, but she isn't that "good looking"

• Buy her a costume.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes