What do you think about coffee for a first date?

So i've been using a dating website for a while and my cousin is convinced that a lot of women don't want second dates with me because i ALWAYS do coffee, for me its like if we aren't compatible i only lost like 10 dollars vs 50-60 doing practically anything else. He believes you need to impress them on the first date so that they want to see you more, so they are excited for future dates, what do you think?

1112

Most Helpful Girl

• Coffee is great for a first date. That way there’s not that awkwardness of trying to get to know each other while eating a nice dinner in a loud restaurant. I’m not a coffee person though. So I’d ask him to meet me up for smoothies, ice cream or frozen yogurt instead. It’s a little more fun and light-hearted. Everyone smiles and laughs with ice cream or yogurt. If you’re feeling brave... you can feed her a bit of yours and it’s kind of cute. Can’t really say hey, try a sip of my coffee. That’s weird.

• Lol oddly enough on my last date she wanted to try my coffee so I let her xD

• See... that is very very strange 😂😂 I’d watch out for that one 😜

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't drink coffee, and have no interest in starting.

• Coffee in this case is a broad term, most coffee places have tea or other caffeinated beverages

• I don't drink tea and I don't like "coffee shop" culture. And I can think of more interesting first dates. Anyway, I don't expect anyone to do what I do or like what I like, but by the same token, I do what I enjoy (and food/drink is a hard limit for me - I eat what I like and will never let anyone tell me different), and either a girl enjoys that or she doesn't - and if she doesn't, she's not the right girl for me.