What do you think about coffee for a first date?

So i've been using a dating website for a while and my cousin is convinced that a lot of women don't want second dates with me because i ALWAYS do coffee, for me its like if we aren't compatible i only lost like 10 dollars vs 50-60 doing practically anything else. He believes you need to impress them on the first date so that they want to see you more, so they are excited for future dates, what do you think?

What do you think about coffee for a first date?

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Coffee is great for a first date. That way there’s not that awkwardness of trying to get to know each other while eating a nice dinner in a loud restaurant. I’m not a coffee person though. So I’d ask him to meet me up for smoothies, ice cream or frozen yogurt instead. It’s a little more fun and light-hearted. Everyone smiles and laughs with ice cream or yogurt. If you’re feeling brave... you can feed her a bit of yours and it’s kind of cute. Can’t really say hey, try a sip of my coffee. That’s weird.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol oddly enough on my last date she wanted to try my coffee so I let her xD

• See... that is very very strange 😂😂 I’d watch out for that one 😜

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't drink coffee, and have no interest in starting.

0|0
    0|0
    • Coffee in this case is a broad term, most coffee places have tea or other caffeinated beverages

• I don't drink tea and I don't like "coffee shop" culture. And I can think of more interesting first dates. Anyway, I don't expect anyone to do what I do or like what I like, but by the same token, I do what I enjoy (and food/drink is a hard limit for me - I eat what I like and will never let anyone tell me different), and either a girl enjoys that or she doesn't - and if she doesn't, she's not the right girl for me.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Personally, I prefer to meet up for a coffee for a first date. It's a less formal setting.

But if you feel that's the reason why you're not getting a second date , try something different. Change your dating tactics, and suggest somewhere else.

Some girls prefer to be wined and dined, others prefer some form of activity eg. bowling. So it really depends on the girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee is fine, if she is only interested because you spent or money or took her somewhere fancy , she will expect more every single time. Coffee is a good start , like you said, to see if there's any chemistry.

0|0
    0|0
  • A coffee or whatever in journey is perfect. The time of the date can be short or long. It is not a trap for the girl comparing to a restaurant. No alcohol. All the interest turn to her. A talk. You won't offer her a diamond on the first date! If a girl is looking for money show time, Next !

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal. Why would you buy dinner on a first date. You dont wven know the person. Coffee is expected because if ypure the type of guy that wants a serious relationship then coffee is ideal as a first date so you can get to know each other and see what you both want from the relationship and if these 2 things match and both of you click and are attracted to each other then the second date can very well be dinner and so forth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee or a drink is fine. Meeting face to face just to see how compatible you are, easier to leave if it dosent work out then a meal. Save activities and meal for second date. If she judges me for not spending enough, she ain't the one for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you are right (though it would be tea for me as I hate coffee). On a first date you want to feel each other out (figuratively, at least). Not only would you be spending a lot of money for a formal dinner, but the setting wouldn't feel as casual and conducive to conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coffee is perfect for a day-1st date, it's cheap and you can always end it early if you don't like her. On the 2nd date you can do drinks and stuff.
    Tho you got some cunts out there that expect dinner and wine on a first date, like they're doing you a favor for even meeting up. You shouldn't become a homeless shelter, you value your time and money, hence you prioritize.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think coffee is awesome for any date. The main goal is, to focus on what you have in common and the general vibe. It's mostly just if they are interested in the vibe you put out, then they would be interested.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would do that for a first date. Not so formal, less risk, less time needed, and you both might feel more comfortable. For the second date it could become something more than just a coffee

0|0
    0|0
  • Impress them with irresistible charm and scintillating conversation, Then you impress them with your wallet then your member give them a night they will forever remember.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think there's anything wrong with meeting for coffee/tea my man. Don't listen to your cousin totally.

0|0
    0|0
  • God yes, not formal, and not expensive. PLUS, coffee is amazing

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer coffee date as first dates. I value both our time and money.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nahh

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate coffee.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah why not

0|0
    0|0
  • s'ok i guess