Why would a guy go out of his way to make an effort with you then not add you back on social media?

This guy always makes a huge effort to go out of his way to spend time, talk or just be alone with me

I added him on FB it took him 2 weeks to accept he accepted others in that time but not mine. Then Instagram I followed him he didn’t follow back but follows everyone else!

Face to face he always comes to me he always makes effort with me his family also added me on social media which confuses me no end what do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He might have secrets, like a bad side and not want you to see his bad side. Or he could be flirting with other girls on the media and not want you to find out. Or he could just not be that interested. Remember: There's ALWAYS a reason a guy does something, even if he says there isn't. EXAMPLE: "Why didn't you add me back on Snapchat?" "No reason" ~Finds out 2 weeks later hat he's kissing a girl on his snap and didn't want you to see~

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I hardly connect with my best friends on social media. What happens face to face is more important. Although a bit weird that he's accepted other requests in that period. Maybe he was going through the history to clean up :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Maybe he wants to get to know you without using social media and he wasn’t confortable adding you initially but pressure made him accept you on FB.

I’m not sure why you wanted to add him to social media? All it does is cause trouble in so many ways.

2|0
    0|0
  • Some people just don't use social media that much! Don't take it personally! Real life actions have far more importance so if those were good then just keep going

1|1
    0|0
  • Either a) he's keeping his options open or b) he's trying to come off as not overly into you. So he's either not that into you or he's insecure. You tell me if either of those sounds palatable to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Im reading other posts. And yes. Potential option c) he's waiting to make sure you aren't psycho boyfriend accepting. I've dated a few guys that were awful after a month and i wish werent on my fb. Crazy posts and possessive tags. Added them waaay too soon.

• Probably doesn't want to add you because then if you started dating the entire population going to be there "helping"

1|0
    0|0
  • Because texting is awkward to some people. You talk for 5 mins and then run out of things to say. Real life is more natural. Sometimes its the opposite but for people like me and probably him its like this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Social media is all fake, so I wouldn't put ANY stock in that. FB is a complete joke. For a lot of reasons.
    I think you're desperate. Go with what you experience IRL, not on some narcissist playground.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either he just likes you as a person, or he is into you🤗

Just look out for signs like:
    - Eye contact
    - bigger iris
    - body language (are his arms folded or crossed)

1|0
    0|0
  • So long as he's behaving normally in real life I wouldn't worry much about social media

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he is talking to other people when u are not abaout

1|0
    0|0
  • Also what means more to you social media or the way he treats you?

1|0
    0|0
  • So he talks to you in person.. But you're worried about his acceptance on social media sites? I don't think your priorities are in order.

0|0
    0|0
  • Who cares? Life happens in person.

0|0
    0|0
  • He may not understand Facebook.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes