What's a great to begin to get over the fear of rejection?

Now the fear hasn't stopped me all the time, but I haven't asked out a lot, and I've been told no so I expect it now. Like in my heart I want to pursue things but my mind reminds me of what's happened previously and so that will more often than not, convince me not to do anything. I get nervous and I don't how to socialize in a flirty way. I feel pretty far behind. I know who I am, I know my strengths and weaknesses, and I'd say this is one of my biggest weaknesses.

312

Most Helpful Guy

• Stop asking girls out. Start talking to them like a normal human being. Get to know the girl you like, and don’t try to change yourself so that she will like you. Be yourself, and if she doesn’t like you, move on.

Guys have this stupid idea that we all have to be pick up artists. We have to go “spit game” at girls or else they will never want us.

Be yourself. If you’re a lazy fat sack of shit with nothing going for him, then stop being that. Females won’t lower their standards, so you must rise up. You don’t need to be a player. You don’t need to know the perfect words to say to girls. You just have to be the interesting and unique human being you are. Stop trying to change your personality to fit what you think girls like. Girls like men who are expressive of their own nature.

• I’ve only asked out one girl in the past two years. I’m in 2 sports, 2 clubs, and have a job where I work 25 hours a week or more

• And yes you are an interesting and unique and awesome person. You are. You simply have to realize it. You have to realize that we humans are obsessed with other humans. But the people who have the worst time, are the people who are scared. Who feel like they need to fit into some social protocol. That's not how things work. People like people who are human. And being human means expressing yourself just like the bird tweets. You express yourself unapologetically and everyone will respect you and like you for it. We like people who are themselves.

Although some of us who are socially retarded, we build up a hatred for people who are self expressive. And thus we fuck ourselves over by discarding that and writing them off as inferior or stupid somehow. I don't think you're that kind of guy but I mention it just in case lol.

• I pick and choose who I want to talk to and put up with

Most Helpful Girl

• Just think about the worst possible thing that can happen. Which is it frees up your time to succeed somewhere else.

• I already know I'll be working 8 AM- 10 PM at least 4 days of the week and working 8 AM- 4 PM at least one day. So at least 8 AM-10 PM for 5 days a week is what I'll be working. So i'm already pretty busy but I'd make time for a girl, if I convinced myself to ask a girl out.

• Meh, it’s just part of the job. Doesn’t really affect me anymore. It just frees me to get to someone who can use my help.