Is this considered cheating?

This guy and I have been talking for two months (we met online) however, I don’t know where we stand. He has told me that he likes me and he wants to date me, but he doesn’t want to do a long distance relationship. We’re both single, so would it be cheating if I were to sleep with another guy, even though I’m still talking to this guy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m in the same position, with a marine, and we both agreed that not getting too serious right now and going for it if we find people we want to and can get with is best, and since we’re not a couple, yet, we don’t HAVE to be all about each other. I tell him all the time about the different guys and chicks I find attractive and I flirt with or they flirt with me, and he isn’t put off by hearing it. He encourages me to live my while we haven’t even met, just yet.

So no, it isn’t cheating. If you’re not a couple and you haven’t met in person, anyone else is free game.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Your both single, he's shown his interest but neither have yet confirmed the situation I wouldn't say its cheating as you're not in a relationship with guy. And even then has he made any indication that he wants to move closer since he already stated long distance is not for him?

2|0
    0|0
    • So, should I ask him if we’re just friends?

• Maybe not so straightforward, ask him what's next, what's the plan, he's shown that he likes you and you like him, but long distance is no go so how will it work?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It wouldn't be cheating, no, but it would be slightly indecent. If you want to see other guys while getting to know one, you should at least tell him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well like you said there's nothing official yet and since he's far away he couldn't possibly know plus you have needs of your own

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean you haven't really specified that you were exclusive. Hell you haven't even specified you were in a relationship in the first place.

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought you have to be in a relationship to cheat. But I wouldn't have sex with someone if I'm talking to someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • You aren't dating yet so nah

0|0
    0|0
  • No not at all

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes