Guys, I feel like I’m putting in more and more effort with my boyfriend for the past month. What’s going on on his end? Should I be worried?

A few weeks ago, I looked through his phone the second time in the past 6 months we’ve been dating. For anyone who might judge this, he’s cheated on me before, so I’ve been giving him a second chance. Well, there was this girl that he had been hanging out with and texting a lot more recently. And I see on his phone that sometimes they’re a bit inappropriate with what’s exchanged. They’ll talk about sex, or he’ll all her cute, “accidentally” call her baby, and one time she even joked about them finally hooking up one weekend when I was out of town. I know this isn’t technically “cheating”, but I do think it was inappropriate and disrespectful to our relationship.

I confronted him about it, and he realized he would be jealous too if he found out I did the same thing. He apologized, admitted he was in the wrong, and then we moved forward. Except, it doesn’t feel like it.

Their text messages were almost constant and they almost always had something intriguing to talk about. And when I look at the messages between my boyfriend and I, they’ve been almost dry and we don’t talk as often as we used to (this was due to him focusing on her). I’ve brought this up with him earlier this week and he got really upset that I kept bringing her up. But it bothers me that it doesn’t feel like he wants to talk to me over text.

It seems like I’m always the one wishing him goodnight or good morning first. This morning, I had to wait till almost 11 to get a good morning from him, even though we both wake up relatively early every day.

Our 6 months is today, and I know this sounds really pathetic but I’ve been waiting for him to say something about it. He’s coming back to town in a few days. But I would really like to see some initiative or effort in him for our relationship.

Am I going crazy? Is this too much to ask? Am I being unreasonable? I’d like an answer from a guy to tell me what’s possibly going on. Thank you.

2