What should I do about this guy?

There is a guy who has been asking me out for ever. I have told him clearly that I don’t want to date him.
Now he asked if I want to grab coffee to catch up. I said that it sounds too much like a date. He asked me why I hate him and what he has ever done to me. I don’t really want to go for coffee or anywhere alone with him really. I feel bad for him though, like I have to go because I’m running out of excuses.
What should I do?

011

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you able to articulate why you do not want to date him? Are you open to being friends with him? Do you have anything in common with him? It seems to me that his persistence means he has a motivation for wanting to date you. Maybe he and you both need to share your thoughts and feelings about this matter in a respectful but clear and firm way. I would encourage you to be direct with him because many if not all men do not speak or understand women and their ways of thinking and communicating. A simple way to rebuff him without cruelly rejecting him is to ask him what it is he feels you have in common. Maybe you need to consider a second look at him or change the light in which you see him. This is all about the maturity and ability to communicate from each of you. But set your boundaries and hold your head up high and each of you will find what you are looking for.