Should I reject someone because of her taste in music?

• Yeah
  • No..
  • The real reason you want to reject her is because you're homosexual
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D

1933

Most Helpful Girls

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes you should

1731
  • Not at all. Simply tolerate and accept.
    I have a very specific taste and that’s all I hear. Depending on the mood I am in. But I respect others tastes. In my space I will hear my songs but in someone else’s space/house I will tolerate whatever they are listening to.
    If anything there are headphones 🎧, 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Depends on how important music is in both your lives and if you can tolerate or appreciate each other's music.

Music isn't the most important thing to me but I love concerts and I want the person I'm with to enjoy that experience with me. And honestly I would be able to live with someone who played a lot of mumble rap. That's honestly a deal breaker for me.

• the real reason you want to reject her is because you're homosexual

• It depends on how important role music plays in your life. If it is something you take seriously and spend lots of time producing, listening or talking about music her taste, or lack of could be an obstacle... I know, I have a degree in film criticism and most of the big arguments I had with my partner were about him not liking a movie that I loved... something that majority of people would find silly

• Music is like fads, comes and goes , and even tho I think it's fair to say , if you rock out you prolly have bad habits, contemporary music means you don't country music ya drink and some have other habits but. as we grow older new things move is like being a rocker did back then , not to mention we can't do that no more mentality, It's the reason you don't see old people at cranked up rock concerts. We change.

• No not if their taste in music doesn't affect the rest of their personality. Like I really dislike country music, it's fine if she loves it but not if she embodies a southern redneck persona

• Only if her music tastes are so unbearable to you that you couldn't be around her while she listens to it, like me with country music for example

• Opposite music tastes is almost never a deal breaker, historically. There are plenty of examples in which one partner likes country and the other one likes rock'n'roll. Like that song.

• No of course not! Someones taste in music will have no affect of anything. If you hate their personal preference In music maybe just avoid playing that type or take turns:)

• Don't reject somebody because of their taste in music. They could end up being the love of your life. Unless she loves Justin bieber then that's a different story lol

• I don’t know... it’s a dilemma for me too. Ideally I’ll find a girl who is a metalhead. Metal is a very important part of my life. If she hates metal, it’s like she hates a part of me.

In my eyes, in my experience, many people are not connected to their music. They go with the trend, with what’s popular, because it’s on the radio. I cannot date someone like that.

Besides, if they listen to crap all the time I don’t know if I can take it. Hearing trap and country music would kill me. I can handle a lot of pop these days, and there’s great artists out there like Adele. If she’s into good stuff I can appreciate then it’s OK I guess. Would still be nice to have a girl who appreciates metal though.

• I once dated this beautiful girl, her eyes were pale blue, her hair was red, and she had the body of a goddes. Then I found out that she liked reggae...

• she must listen to some weird shit for you to break up. I mean come on man lol

• The question you should be asking yourself is:"Is she worth dating even though we have different tastes in music?"

• Just because she has one style does not mean she cannot appreciate other styles. Take it from me, my main style is opera and classical but i allways keep an open mind about styles

• The best way to further yourself is to put yourself in situations where you're uncomfortable or don't like what you're doing

• No WTF ! if you don't like her reject her but everyone has their own taste in music

• Music is really important to some people, if I couldn't bond through music, I would dump her fs. It's just not gunna work for me if you like rap or metal or any other musical abominations

• I'm a studio engineer, I need someone who I can jam out to my work with and similar music. If a girl isn't into edm and pop, I just don't see any way it could work

• Ok in your case i would accept it cuz you're a studio engineer but i mean for the asker if he doesn't know much about music anyway and he is just dumping a girl for it and judging her music taste then it's so stupid

• Only if she's into country music. That shit makes my ears bleed!

• If that's your only problem with her then don't break up with her.

• if music is a big part of your life, as in you listen to it a lot or even play guitar or something. then yeah,

• People tend to have different tastes in what they like, i. e music. That shouldn't be a deciding factor in rejection.

• Depends how bad it is, if she's into like metal or something, leave that bitch on a curb somewhere

• Of course not, unless there's more things you don't have in common

• You will just have a little new music in your playlist

• The golden rule: Does she like trap?

If not, then don't reject her

• Defiantly not but if you want a music related relationship you should mabye think again.

• No not at all.. just talk to her about it and tell her how u feel

• Only if she likes Justin Beiber *Comes back singing "Is it too late now to say sorry..."*

• Every person has a personal opinion , so... I don't see any reasons to reject

• There seems to be a lot of people who decided to text their response instead of vote

• How bad is the music?

• Very bad

• Prolly not the best choice to date her then.

• Thank you, I agree

• That's a bad reason to breakup with someone

• If they like country, they’re out for me lmao

• No. That would be stupid

• That would be dumb

• No that's the most oddest reason to leave someone

• Depends.

• No dude. That's stupid

• No everyone has their own preference

• Lmao what

• No
    never debate with her about music

• If this is serious you do not deserve her

• No but TBH it depends

• lol that's weird of course not

• Yes. One's taste in music is most important.

• This question again

• Again? did someone copy me?

• I read below. I get it

• Thank you for understanding

• I mean, I guess someone's taste in music can say something about them as a person, and if whatever that's saying happens to be a dealbreaker for you, then yeah.

I mean, if you listen to Johnny Rebel, I'm staying as far away from you as possible.