He forgot my birthday?

I’ve been dating this man for about a month (very new) and he travels a lot for work. I totally understand things come up and there’s a lot of things he can’t control. He texted me that he’d be out of town through my birthday until a week after and he’s also visiting family in that time too. I told him I was sad but understood and we could go out when he comes back. My comes... and then goes... and I don’t hear from him. I text him hinting and he goes “what was yesterday?” I said you totally forgot my birthday. And no response. It’s now the next day.
I will say that he’s been in 3 states in one week and he caught the flu. But I put my birthday in his calendar and I’m just very sad and upset. What should I say or do? Am I making too big of a deal?
Thanks in advance

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you are making too big of a deal. Here is why. Here are the possiblities... he is too sick. Or too busy. Or he doesn't want to. Forcing him to address it gets you no where except makes him feel like... your nagging. He knows... let it go and see what happens. Could be he just can't handle dealing with if for some reason and he will soon

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Just jokingly leave a message that you want to be able to celebrate it delayed even if its late. . And give him a giggle and just tell him its a way he can comfortably know that you forgive him about it XD.

I mean after all you have been a thing for a month. its not like you are 3 years deep in the relationship and he forgot. Both in that stage where in terms of being a couple. You two could still be considered just starting.

1|0
    0|0
    • We have joked about it and everything’s ok. I was just upset he didn’t at least send a text. Thanks for the answer

• Show All
    • I think you’re totally right

• I know what its like took once a like 16HR flight from like Seattle to South Korea I was like half passed out upon arrival @.@ <~ me XD.

• Seriously? It’s only been a month and you are getting worked up on things that don’t really matter. Keep that up and you will be single again in no time so I guess you won’t have to worry about it.

0|0
    1|0
    • There’s no need to be rude

• I knew a girl, she prefers to wish birthday face to face even if it is too late and no wishing by phone. Your relationship is so short. No worries.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer

• No it can happen we are all just humans we all make mistakes

1|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer

• Yes you are making a big deal about it. People make mistakes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have a word with yourself! You've only been going out for a month and the man has had a lot going on.

I feel sorry for the man based on what you have said.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup u are making a big deal.. its just one month

0|1
    0|0
    • Thanks for the answer

Recommended myTakes