He forgot my birthday?

I’ve been dating this man for about a month (very new) and he travels a lot for work. I totally understand things come up and there’s a lot of things he can’t control. He texted me that he’d be out of town through my birthday until a week after and he’s also visiting family in that time too. I told him I was sad but understood and we could go out when he comes back. My comes... and then goes... and I don’t hear from him. I text him hinting and he goes “what was yesterday?” I said you totally forgot my birthday. And no response. It’s now the next day.
I will say that he’s been in 3 states in one week and he caught the flu. But I put my birthday in his calendar and I’m just very sad and upset. What should I say or do? Am I making too big of a deal?
Thanks in advance

08

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you are making too big of a deal. Here is why. Here are the possiblities... he is too sick. Or too busy. Or he doesn't want to. Forcing him to address it gets you no where except makes him feel like... your nagging. He knows... let it go and see what happens. Could be he just can't handle dealing with if for some reason and he will soon