My boyfriend hates weed and I smoke.. do I hide it? What do I do?

I met my boyfriend 6 months ago & I can honestly say that he is the love of my life. We have all of the same life goals, same interests, our personalities go together perfectly. We're only 18, but I already know that this is the man I'm going to marry and go through life with, we already talk about marriage LOL. Everything is perfect except one thing, he HATES weed. Before we met I was a pretty big stoner, I smoked almost everyday (still working and getting good grades, I was productive.) He hated it so much, so I quit. And I promised that I'd never do it if he wasn't there, which was a mistake. Because if any of my friends invite me to smoke and I ask him to come along he says yes but he gets all sad and upset and it makes me feel guilty so we end up not going. I dont really care about going out to party and smoke, but I used to love to occasionally have an alone night where I smoke alone in my room. If I told him that he'd get so upset, I couldnt tell him. Would it be so wrong to sometimes smoke alone or with friends and not tell him? He gets so worked up over nothing... I dont know what to do because I love him but smoking is just something I like to do sometimes. Please give me advice. Don't say to just break up with him or that weed is bad, I need good advice.

48

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really love him, you will try to give up the smoking. I know drugs and smoking and everything turns into addictions and it isn't as easy and just stopping, but if you want to you could tell him you still do it once and a while, but you want to stop for him. You could ask him for help to stop as well.

• I've stopped for like 3 months for him, its been hard. I only want to do it like once a month, ugh

• I like that idea of explainig how I'm trying. Thank u

• No problem! Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's not affecting your health or your productivity then who is he to try to change you? I mean you were that type of person that enjoys weed when he met you. How would he feel if you tried to make him give up a hobby or something he really liked?

• he said he would "give up anything for me"

• Has he said he would stop dating you or given you and ultimatum? I would probably just hide it and if you get more serious then decide to quit smoking or quit him. You haven't been dating long enough to change something that you don't really want to change.