My boyfriend hates weed and I smoke.. do I hide it? What do I do?

I met my boyfriend 6 months ago & I can honestly say that he is the love of my life. We have all of the same life goals, same interests, our personalities go together perfectly. We're only 18, but I already know that this is the man I'm going to marry and go through life with, we already talk about marriage LOL. Everything is perfect except one thing, he HATES weed. Before we met I was a pretty big stoner, I smoked almost everyday (still working and getting good grades, I was productive.) He hated it so much, so I quit. And I promised that I'd never do it if he wasn't there, which was a mistake. Because if any of my friends invite me to smoke and I ask him to come along he says yes but he gets all sad and upset and it makes me feel guilty so we end up not going. I dont really care about going out to party and smoke, but I used to love to occasionally have an alone night where I smoke alone in my room. If I told him that he'd get so upset, I couldnt tell him. Would it be so wrong to sometimes smoke alone or with friends and not tell him? He gets so worked up over nothing... I dont know what to do because I love him but smoking is just something I like to do sometimes. Please give me advice. Don't say to just break up with him or that weed is bad, I need good advice.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really love him, you will try to give up the smoking. I know drugs and smoking and everything turns into addictions and it isn't as easy and just stopping, but if you want to you could tell him you still do it once and a while, but you want to stop for him. You could ask him for help to stop as well.

0|0
    0|0
    • I've stopped for like 3 months for him, its been hard. I only want to do it like once a month, ugh

• Show All
    • I like that idea of explainig how I'm trying. Thank u

• No problem! Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's not affecting your health or your productivity then who is he to try to change you? I mean you were that type of person that enjoys weed when he met you. How would he feel if you tried to make him give up a hobby or something he really liked?

0|0
    0|0
    • he said he would "give up anything for me"

• Has he said he would stop dating you or given you and ultimatum? I would probably just hide it and if you get more serious then decide to quit smoking or quit him. You haven't been dating long enough to change something that you don't really want to change.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Sounds like my buddys little brother and his girlfriend almost to a T well if your boyfriend is anything like Ryan your best bet is to either cut em out or don't do it in front of him his girl usually either smokes alone or hits one of us up to see if we have any so if you have a similar situation best bet is to respect his wishes and keep your habit to yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • educate him on it, show him its nothing to be worried about.

0|0
    1|0
    • its bc he "thinks its trashy and doesn't want his girlfriend doing it"

• u should tell him his face is trashy

• If she educated him on it properly then he would realize there is something to b worried about other than “being trashy” which it is. Smoking is never good it doesn’t matter what you’re smoking and weed does have negative effects on you and you’re body it. unless u have a medical condition I don’t understand why you feel the need to do it

• If you like him as much as you say you do, you should be willing to give up one or two things for him. Besides weeds bad for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop it if you love him that much give it up what do you want more the weed or the guy?

0|0
    0|0
  • l would undate you you are nothing but a little weed lol

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him he needs to chill out and smoke a blunt

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop it. But it will demand a strong will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Starting off a relationship, that you're so certain is meant to last, with a big lie is a monumental mistake... It might not seem like a big lie to you, but it is to him, and something like this could honestly destroy your relationship over time. I'd say take a bit to self-reflect and figure out what's worth it. Would you ultimately want him more than weed? Or weed more than him? Also, I would suggest having a sit down talk with him, figure out why he's so against it. Share your thoughts and listen open minded to his and see if you guys can come up with a nice compromise.

If your relationship is really as great as you say, for God's sake, please don't lie.

Also, from what you wrote, you talk about how you KNOW he's the love of your life and you just simply like weed sometimes... I don't know, seems like a decently easy decision to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Watch the Sacred PLant Documentary with him. Episode 1 should do it. A lot of perceptions of Weed come from ignorance. Introduce him to the healthier side of it. I assume you are aware of the The endocannabinoid system?

0|0
    0|0
  • if he hates it so bad that it's getting in the way of his 2nd hand health.. and or, your sex life, you need to break it off

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes