My guy friend is ignoring me bcs he just got a new girlfriend. Whenever I ask him why he refuses to answer my texts he lies and say he didn't see them?

28

Most Helpful Guys

• The only reason people do that is because they're shit friends, they lose sight of whoever cares about them because someone new comes along and they have a closer tie with, all you can do is tell him that if that's the way he wants to be then fine, but you won't be there for him if they hurt them.

Don't try and push someone to treat you the way you would treat them; if they don't do it normally then they're not worth pursuing, No matter how long you've known them or how close you thought you were, if they were a true friend they would stick by you.

• Maybe, he had invested his time into pursuing a relationship with you and now that's over. Maybe, he's worried that talking to you would upset his new girlfriend. Maybe, his girlfriend doesn't want him having girls that are friends. You could just ask him or blow him off. You'll find out something soon, I'm sure.

• He hadn't told me about her existence untill they got together! Which is extremly weird bcs I honestly thought we were very close..

• He did ask me out for lunch one or two times. I declined because I had my midterms coming up but I never really thought much of this untill now.. I think I will keep my distance, I can't tolerate being treated like trash by somebody I cherished a lot.

• There ya go. Here's something to look out for: If he suddenly starts texting you out of the blue, he probably dumped or is about to dump this girlfriend. If this happens, you're probably the rebound attempt. That should send out red flags. Keep your distance. If you do talk to him, ask him about his relationship. If it's going bad, bail out and delete him from your existence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine ignores me too. He doesn’t even talk to me and he makes sure to show off his girlfriend all the time. He won’t accept me on fb and says mean things to me.

• Fuck him the way he acts

• I’m sorry for saying that. He has a right to act and feel the way he wants.