Why is saying “I love you” wrong if you’re not in a relationship yet?

I've been involved with a guy for years. We briefly dated. Hooked up so many times. We both have feelings for each other. I love him. Completely. I told him I loved him. Why is it strongly advised to not tell someone you love them? I also have felt that I’ve loved a man I talked to online and never met. I grew attached to him and felt love. I have a big heart. I don’t see anything wrong with telling someone you love them if that’s how you feel. I’m sure if I told a guy who wasn’t my boyfriend I loved them they’d think I was nuts.

What do do you guys think?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You are exerting whats going in your mind, out into reality aaaaaaaand now assume or confuse thats not going the way others would hope.
    Then what i think is reasonably being... your just acting on thoughts that are foolish.

0|0
    0|0
    • If you love someone and know them for years and care for them and have spent a good amount of time together and talking daily for years. I think I love you is okay. That’s my situation. I didn’t tell the other guy I met online I loved him lol but I did notice I had love for him. Lol.

• Seems a little needy if it's quick. Past the 4th time you have sex is ok I think.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah. I think that if you love someone you should tell them. Especially if that person has been in your life for years and you talk daily and have had sex multiple times. I don’t think I love you should be exclusive to only those in a relationship.

Recommended myTakes