Confused in my relationship?

Been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and he's done a lot that's hurt me. But I still love him. But he won't even discuss marriage with me. We know everything about each other and I don't know what to think anymore. What should I do? And why is he not wanting to commit? He says forever but won't actually talk about it?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If he really is serious about you or thought that you were ment to be togheter forever he would't have done 'a lot that's hurt me'. He is keeping you around until something better comes along and than he ditches you and you are broken and sad of the opportunities you didn't take. He is wasting your time.

0|0
    0|0
  • "he's done a lot that's hurt me"
    "he won't even discuss marriage with me"

I don't see a happy ending here. You should break up with him and meet a guy who doesn't hurt you and wants the same things you want.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes but I don't know how... He's my first boyfriend and I don't want to hurt him or make the wrong decision

• Hurting him is not a consideration. In situations like this, your needs come first. That's life. Sometimes we are the dumper, sometimes we are the dumpee. You can't be a hostage to his emotions. I think you know what the right decision is but are afraid of being alone. That sort of thinking leads people into abusive marriages. He's your first boyfriend, so you have no idea who might be waiting for you. It's time to find out. You better shop around.

• Thanks... That makes sense. I am scared to break up with him... But I know it's what's best for me

• Shame on you for wasting two years. People don’t change

0|0
    0|0
    • I know... But I feel like he did in some ways... He's my first serious boyfriend and I'm not sure how to break up with him. But I don't know if he is making me truly happy anymore. I met this great guy and he told me he really likes me... And I had to tell him to not talk to me anymore because I can't cheat, but I think I let a really good guy go...

Recommended myTakes