Is a girl stupid if she approached a guy who is too good for her?

There has been this guy whom I've had a crush on. He would notice me each time and look at me, sneak glances at me both when we were alone and in a crowded room. This has encouraged after a time to approach him and start a conversation. It was well, even though he wasn't actively participating. I'm an introvert and not self-confident, it was the first time I muster up enough courage to approach a guy I liked. He hasn't done anything after that. It's been months, so I dropped it. Sometimes he would look at me expectantly. Am I stupid for having approached him?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No, life is about taking risks and going after what you want. When people are on their death beds, many of their regrets are always about not taking enough risks when they're younger (especially when it comes to love). Although it's painful, it is better to take the risk and get rejected than rather than not taking the risk and wondering "what if?" The pain will eventually go away and you'll move on.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Michael Jordan

2|1
    0|0
    • Thank you for your opinion, it makes sense. Although sometimes, it can be obvious that it's not going your way and you could save yourself the emabrassement. Are you repelled if a girl you wouldn't like approaches you?

• No, I wouldn't feel repelled. If anything, I'd actually be flattered since It always feels good to be wanted.

You did the right thing. Like I said, rejection sucks but at least you'll be able to move on from it. I know people who weren't able to move on because they kept kicking themselves for not making a move. The overwhelming feeling of regret and "what if" is worse than any rejection.

• I agree (y) thanks!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Do it. I remember last summer chatted online with that GORGEOUS girl. After a while she told me she wants to meet me. Back then I looked like a zombie and was completely out of shape. She was stunning on every pic. So I said fuck it and went to meet her. The day ended with the two of us hooking up. I couldn't believe it myself. Why would someone like her like someone like me? Anyway we kept talking and hooked up a second time before I left for uni. We still talk occasionally. Just do it.

1|0
    0|0
    • Happy for you. I have approached him months ago, please see details. Thank you for your opinion, we just never know what could happen.

• Oh yes. My bad. - _ -
      I think you guys maybe could have been a thing.

• I don't think so, he never showed actual interest and hasn't reacted to me approaching him. Thanks!

• No you're not stupid cuz there's no an on earth that's too good for you. We don't deserve you & I honestly can't believe how much of our bs y'all put up with. Besides I like a girl who knows what she wants. Especially when what she wants is me. Major turn on. If I found out later she was a shy introvert it would mean even more to me that she stepped that far out of her comfort zone to meet me. Not stupid at all. He's stupid if he actually believes he's too good for you. Which I doubt is the case. Even if you have given up on this one which I'm not sure u should, don't let this discourage you from approaching a guy in the future.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you so much for your meaningful and helpful. You're so very mature emotionally and understanding, and I wish more people were like you. I hope you found or will find the one for you :)

• I do too. I know how you feel. It's sux when someone you're into just isn't into you. All we can do is keep looking & not get too discouraged when things don't work out. We can't let pur pasts dictate our futures

• I believe if he's still looking it's possible he's going your approach him again.
    Guys are hopeless at hints it's possible he's just not had the courage to chat to you again since of his own accord. He may not even realise you liked him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not

You may fail to impress him at first but approaching him itself shows that you're strong and ready to take chances.

You should not be afraid at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all rejection is always a possibility just means be was not intrested that's all

1|0
    0|0
  • You never know until you try, even if things didn't work out, it's better to try

1|0
    0|0
  • Better to try and fail than to never know.

1|1
    0|0
  • Girls are always stupid bro so no

0|0
    1|0
  • No approaching him was right I mean we guys are kinda a dumb when it comes to reading between lines, but please do yourself a favor if you really like him just tell him how you feel that will solve most of your problems.

1|0
    0|0
    • You can't tell somebody that you like them when you' haven't got any positive vibe from them. It took me lots to approach him, and his reaction hasn't encouraged me further. I can't impose myself or come off as desperate it's been months and I dropped it.

• You see that's the thing even if the guy had feelings for you he might be shy kinda person and when you approached him he might not have known how to react, and as you said since it's been month you dropped it if you had just asked him at that time you would not only have got the answer you didn't had to go around months having that unnecessary thoughts with you. I have done same mistakes in past and lost many opportunities and then came to know that it could have really worked out only if I had spoken up. My only suggestion is that never keep regrets in life they just corrode you from inside.

Recommended myTakes