Is a girl stupid if she approached a guy who is too good for her?

There has been this guy whom I've had a crush on. He would notice me each time and look at me, sneak glances at me both when we were alone and in a crowded room. This has encouraged after a time to approach him and start a conversation. It was well, even though he wasn't actively participating. I'm an introvert and not self-confident, it was the first time I muster up enough courage to approach a guy I liked. He hasn't done anything after that. It's been months, so I dropped it. Sometimes he would look at me expectantly. Am I stupid for having approached him?

010

Most Helpful Guy

• No, life is about taking risks and going after what you want. When people are on their death beds, many of their regrets are always about not taking enough risks when they're younger (especially when it comes to love). Although it's painful, it is better to take the risk and get rejected than rather than not taking the risk and wondering "what if?" The pain will eventually go away and you'll move on.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Michael Jordan

• Thank you for your opinion, it makes sense. Although sometimes, it can be obvious that it's not going your way and you could save yourself the emabrassement. Are you repelled if a girl you wouldn't like approaches you?

• No, I wouldn't feel repelled. If anything, I'd actually be flattered since It always feels good to be wanted.

You did the right thing. Like I said, rejection sucks but at least you'll be able to move on from it. I know people who weren't able to move on because they kept kicking themselves for not making a move. The overwhelming feeling of regret and "what if" is worse than any rejection.

• I agree (y) thanks!