When dating, why do some people start playing mind games all of a sudden?

• They've lost interest
    Vote A
  • They grew strong feelings for the one they're dating
    Vote B
  • They feel the other one is not serious/test if they're serious
    Vote C
  • They're nervous or afraid to make mistakes/seem too interested
    Vote D
  • They think it'll get the other one more attracted
    Vote E
  • They don't want the other person to get too attached
    Vote F
  • They think the other one might be playing games and copy the behavior
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly think that is just straight up stupid. If you like someone you shouldn't be trying to "test" or in any way manipulate them to find out if they are good for you. Actually, if you play mind games to know if the person is good enough for you, then the answer is no, because the other person deserves more than this attitude.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its smething u do uncnciously...
    When u like someon u give the best impression of urself
    But since is not rthe real u.. keeping the lie too long is hard and lies start to surface

Insecurities, manipulation so on...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• People tend to start playing mind games because they are confused on to what is happening. Maybe they were getting all kinds of attention and now they are not. They feel taken advantage of and they start to remind you that YOU are not going to do that so they start playing games to remind you.

0|0
    0|1
    • @idy03302 What is with all the spam as of late? Thank god GAG gave me the right to remove it.

• I will leave it just to show people where GAG is coming from on giving us more power to get rid of this nonsense!

• Why? Because they think it will make the other person more attracted. Men are taught that women will chase a man that doesn't seem as interested in her and women are taught that men like a challenge. Both are taught that mystery is attractive.
    What do I think of it? Cut that bullshit out.

1|2
    0|0
  • Mind games are that of a coward. People use manipulation for self empowerment, control, because they know they can, to get what they want and to take advantage of those niave enough to allow it to happen. If a woman played mind games with me I would dump her immediately.

2|3
    0|0
  • I honestly think it is about ego, like others said. For some even they are in love, their ego is huge, huge than their love.
    They see relationships like battles. They have to win in their minds.
    But love is not like that. There is no winner.
    So they act they are hard to get, they are not easy to approach etc etc.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well read about the word mind game; a course of psychologically manipulative behavior intended to discomfit another person or gain an advantage over them.

So did it ever happen to you or do you have an example? I can not judge without the example or give an opinion about what it could be in your case and if there is a case of a mind game as you say it. You see we all sometimes make a mistake so I first want to be sure.

0|0
    0|0
  • My brother taught me, that's the way to do it. Don't try to get a girl the first time, you will lose her :( try to play hard to get and she will want you more. I always thought that sounded painful but i suppose relationships are kind of like that. If you really love them you have to trust them or let them go..

0|0
    0|0
  • None of the above. They're just selfish, immature, have no values and don't care how you feel. Don't try to change them. You can't. Only they can. Just distance yourself from people like this the first time they pull this shit. Don't open your heart to them before you know you can trust them. Use your brain first, then your heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex boyfriend was sending out mixed signal. told him off. he keep doing and now he was playing with my mind. i caught him cheating on me and dump. i lost friend that day to. she went after my ex boyfriend when we were going out. i am glad that have broke free . from the pain of the past.

1|0
    0|0
  • It could be because theyre not interested or they’re narcissistic and sociopaths and like to be in control all the time. If someone is consistently hot and cold, it’s time to abandon ship. Way too stressful to constantly wonder where you stand with a person.

Sure, relationships take time to develop and it’s one thing if it takes awhile to open up, but i think it brings out the worst in you when you continue to pursue a person like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • mind games let curiosity slowly unravel among each other.
    however, without mind games, you cut through the bullshit and directly show your intention. (which some women prefer, and some turned off by it).

0|0
    0|0
  • This was as close to what i was thinking than the other ones. In my opinion they play mind games because in their own minds you have a place and rank in their life that usually revolves around themselves. ya can't mentally break someone down by being nice. It's all about control.,,,, stay tf away from these kinds of people they are generally cheats of life !,,,, in my opinion!

0|0
    0|0
  • Fear is the reason for deception and anything new has it's limits. leaving some with the idea. That they need to test the others limits a bit first to see if the canadit is actually the one without getting to close waisting a lot of heart felt energy

1|0
    0|0
  • they do it because they are insecure and with insecurity they fail every time and repeat the same behaviour.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to tell it could be multiple reasons. How ever for guys it's normally so they can either control the woman or to make them think they want relationship when they really just want sex

1|0
    0|0
  • Going through it now never gave the guy my heart and ignored him. Goid luck with him getting my engery and time. Started moving on and healing emotionally

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t know, as a guy in my early 30s, I don’t want to deal or date girls who will pull that shit.

1|0
    0|0
  • They likely either don't know fully how they feel or how you feel

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I don't know cause i just make them torture tickle me to prove they love me

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they love doing it. My ex was like that she loved playing games no matter what

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are doing you a favor, run away.

1|0
    0|0
    • The men posting on this are acting like men don’t play mind games. They do it more than women. Such trash. The most in unrespectable thing you can do.

• Show All
    • “A man’s rejection is God’s protection.” Women usually make it very clear that it will be more of an issue if you lie and play games instead of being truthful. They still play games and waste your time. They have three other options on the side while doing so. They lose interest. Just so over men. Staying single! Lol. I've experienced this with three separate men. They have all played games and lied when all I wanted was the truth... I could have cared less if I lost them. I just want honesty. If you lie, that is the biggest sign of disrespect. Staying single and minding my business.

• @Lookingforanswerss1 That's the part that makes me mad, wasting me time. Try not to take them seriously girl.

• I think it has got to do with ego nowadays

0|2
    0|0
  • cuz they suck ass

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz they're cunts?

0|0
    0|0
  • Oke those results are interesting

1|0
    0|0
  • Insecurity

0|1
    0|0
  • Its fun to play mind games

0|1
    0|1
  • Attitude issue.. ..

0|0
    0|0
  • Hurt much 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Because that's just what women do

0|0
    0|0
  • They've lost interest

0|0
    0|0
  • usually the womens fault

0|0
    1|0
  • I have no idea but it ruins all trust and progress. Every person I’ve been involved with so far PLAYS MIND GAMES instead of TELLING THE TRUTH AND BEING HONEST AND BLUNT. I have decided to not date or put up with it. Literally never speak to them once they do this. Don’t tolerate it. It’s pthetic!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people are just stupid and they think they are smart when they manipulate other people...
    When I detect a girl of that kind I just send her a dick pic to get rid rid of her once and for all...
    PS : Dick pics are as effective to get rid of annoying girls as an inseticide gets rid of insects

3|0
    0|0
  • They like playing games.

0|0
    0|0
  • y'all need to watch this anime-Karakai jouzu no takagi-san (skilled teaser Takagi)
    The girl keeps teasing the boy she likes by playing mind games and all

0|0
    0|0
    • Well.. let's be honest, it's just that that boy just doesn't learn and thinks 'today I will outsmart her' only to realise he's level one and she's level 1000.

• To be honest, I have no idea I swear down whenever you have a crush it feels like a mind game...

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes