Would go for this type of person or ignore what others say about her?

People at work have told me that the one girl I would consider going for to not go for her. One has said that she gave her number to multiple guys in a different department and all ended badly. Another said that he has heard similar things but not sure how true they are because he doesn’t really know her.
One guy at work said that she gave me the up down look, but sounds like she may do that to multiple people. I know everyone looks at others even if they are in a relationship or not. Should I possibly give this a true or listen to others at work?

01