How to you find time to date when you are working all the time?

I'm in a pinch, I have a career, make good money, have a house, truck etc... Yet I have to work. I work 50 to 60 hours a week and when I get home I relax I don't go out because after a week's work I want to relax. I don't have time to go out and socialize with people.
I called my brother who still lives in my mom's basement and works part time. Who just found a girl firiend. He had aloy free time, work out etc... Yet here I am working and slaving like a dog just to pay bills.

Should I just throw it all up in the air and quit my job to socialize or interact with people? I live away from home and only go back for one day.

314

Most Helpful Guy

• I can guarantee you're wasting time somewhere and just don't see it. I've worked those hours and had a social life, while also working out at the same time. As @Wonderer89 said. It's a choice.

Look at your time similar to how you look at your budget and you'll quickly see how much time you really have and where you're choosing to spend it. Everyone has 168 hours in a week. Assuming you take the optimal 8 hours of sleep daily that is 56 hours out.

So 112 hours left over. Working 50-60 hours a week you're working with 52-62 hours of time for personal needs/free time.
    I'm assuming 10-12 hours work Monday through Friday. Which means 4-6 hours 5 days a week of free time for eating/shower/shitting and whatever you like to do.

Then both Saturday and Sunday each have 16 hours free time, with sleep already accounted for...

That's a lot of fuckin time lol. Unless you're spending a night out on the weekend most people don't hangout for a full 4+ hours on a daily basis. You can have regular meetups with friends/coworkers, go to a bar for an hour or two and still have your alone time.

Even with a bad commute that's 2-4 hours 5 days a week free time and 16 Saturday/Sunday. And if you do have a bad commute, then you should consider moving closer to work. You'll be shocked how much stress magically goes away, when traffic no longer exists to you.

Being able to go home a nap in your bed for 40 minutes, eat and still get back to workon time over lunch break is heavenly. Lol

Most Helpful Girl

• “when I get home I relax I don't go out because after a week's work I want to relax”
    That’s the time people socialise. They choose not to relax, and stay home taking it easy because they prioritise a social life over it.
    It’s a choice

• ^ this

Most people consider socializing relaxation. A night out with friends helps you recharge. You just have to choose to be more social, over having your alone time. Even after work you can go home. Shower. Nap. Then go out if you were serious about having that time.