How to not feel bad about hardly ever seeing my boyfriend?

My boyfriend works full-time as a paramedic and is also going to nursing school almost full-time as well. I’m also pretty busy with work full-time and am also going to night school part-time, but he’s even busier than I am. He also works odd hours due to being in the medical field so our schedules are always pretty much opposite. On the days he does happen to have a little spare time he wants to catch up on sleep or wants to be there to help out with family. He sees me when he can, but he’s always so exhausted he just wants to lie around and we’re hardly ever able to go out on dates right now due to lack of time or money. I’m trying my best to be supportive and understanding, but sometimes it doesn’t even feel like I really have a boyfriend. What are ways I can cope while we have these insane schedules?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Nurse here. Nursing school is mentally and physically exhausting, and it can cut down on how much energy you have. When I was in nursing school, during all of my family functions, a weekend at Disneyland, or just trips to the grocery story I had either my study guide, notes, books, etc with me to help cram as much info as possible at all times. If anything, try to be supportive by bringing him some snacks while he studies. Instead of date nights out maybe try calling take out and staying in while he focuses on schoolwork.

1|0
    0|0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes