Ghosting, the cowards way out?

Why do guys ghost? Why can't a 37 year old man be MAN enough to be honest rather than shortening our conversation so eventually I will lose interest and stop communicating. Is it so he won't have to feel like the bad guy?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Look I don't personally ghost... but I see the appeal. If he's no longer sleeping with you, why is he going to waste his time arguing with you? There's nothing to gain from dealing with you anymore, so he's not.

Take your time to process, heal, etc and then move forward. You'll find somebody who appreciates you.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also if it makes you feel any better, I'm currently being ghosted. A lot of guys have hurt her though, so I don't really blame her for keeping her walls up and trying to protect herself.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Yes it shows cowardice, they're scared of confrontation and being the bad guy. They don't realize what they're doing is even more hurtful. If he's shortening the conversation then that's moreso tapering off than ghosting. This just shows he's moved on and the interest is gone

0|0
    0|0
  • Never done it, if I think things aren't working out I'll say it, however other guys do it because it's easier and it helps to protect them from the blame that they will get from the girl because they don't want the relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I just had a 36 year old woman do this also. No matter age, some people are just REALLY immature and selfish.

1|0
    0|0
  • No think so he wouldn't feel terrible about crushing her hopes and dreams
    Like let's say she really fell for him and he saw it
    How do you not feel bad about letting her down
    Most people do however but others don't

0|0
    0|0
  • People that ghost have "no balls". It happens with both genders.

1|1
    0|0
  • Girls do it to me all the time, it's not just guys. It's human nature to not care about someone else feelings.

0|3
    0|0
  • I never understood this behaviour. From anyone, yet so many people do it

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry I'm completely out of the loop what is ghosting

0|0
    0|0
    • When a person doesn't say during a dating situation "I'm not interested any longer. I'm going to see other people" they just never contact you back.

• Oh right that's a dick move. It doesn't take much effort or time to let a girl know

• I never ghosted anyone on purpose. I was once ordered by my commander to do so... But other than that...

0|0
    0|0
  • You over invest in people. If he ghosted you then that means he lost interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • May be he's afraid to hurt you and say it in a direct way

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he is scared of hurting your feeling plus that way you will make the choice of leaving him

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys ghost because they're more vulnerable than you might think.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like you're having a hard time being rejected.
    I wonder why you were rejected.

0|0
    0|0
    • Does anyone like to be rejected? I'm amazing so I don't know why I'm being rejected if that's even the case.

• I wonder why and what you were rejected for?
      Based on your pic, it wasn't your looks thats the deal breaker.

You are amazing compared to who/what?

• Because he's not a man, he's a 37yo boy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Why ghost when they can talk about it?

1|0
    0|0
  • Coward, deffinatly.

1|0
    0|0
  • πŸ˜‚
    After you sent a nude πŸ˜‚

0|0
    1|0
    • We've met, had a lot of fun together, instantly connected, we had effortless, intense chemistry. I don't send nudes. That's reserved for the actual relationship. Not before you're comitted. And you need to grow up.

• I do
      You’re the one crying over a married man πŸ˜‚

• He's not married. No one said I was crying.

Recommended myTakes