How do I tell a boy I’m not interested in him?

There’s this guy that likes me and he SEEMS like a good guy. I was interested in him at first but he started doing things that made alarms in my head go off that he’s just like every other guy. He’s started to show the characteristics that my ex had when were dating. I don’t like him anymore but I’m afraid to tell him.

313

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there is no need to say anything until you get absolute confirmation that he likes you. If you get confirmation or he does something that "only close friends" do then tell him to back off and say you don't like him that way. If he is not a jerk he will understand and won't be offended.

Most Helpful Girl

• Gently but clearly. There isn’t an easy way out of this one; tell him straight and leave him to his own devices whilst he gets over it. Are you planning on staying friends with him? That might change a few things.