How do I tell a boy I’m not interested in him?

There’s this guy that likes me and he SEEMS like a good guy. I was interested in him at first but he started doing things that made alarms in my head go off that he’s just like every other guy. He’s started to show the characteristics that my ex had when were dating. I don’t like him anymore but I’m afraid to tell him.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there is no need to say anything until you get absolute confirmation that he likes you. If you get confirmation or he does something that "only close friends" do then tell him to back off and say you don't like him that way. If he is not a jerk he will understand and won't be offended.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Gently but clearly. There isn’t an easy way out of this one; tell him straight and leave him to his own devices whilst he gets over it. Are you planning on staying friends with him? That might change a few things.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• easier said than done, but I am afraid, you are just going to have to hurt his feelings a tell him, sorry I don't feel the same way for you.

2|1
    0|0
    • But you are also going to have expect a few consequences, he might not want to speak to you, or be friends with you. But he might be OK with it. But not many people can handle rejection. The problem with rejection, sometimes 2 people get hurt. But you also have to do what's best for you.

• REMEMBER: you can’t please all of the people all of the time. It is impossible to live up to everyone’s expectations so there is no point in burning yourself out trying to do so. Just make sure that one of the people you please is yourself!

• If you are constantly worried about what other people think, you will never get to where you need to go in life. You are going to have to do things that don’t always meet people’s standards. You will come into situations where you have to put your pride, and your reputation on the line to get what you want. If you are constantly worried about what people are thinking, you will never have the will to do what’s right.

• Bluntly. You don't want to make a guy feel like he has a chance because guys will hold on to that one shread of hope. Just tell them you're just interested and it's not something that will change.

1|0
    0|0
  • Direct and straight. No hinting, no sparing his feelings, brutal honesty. This will allow him to move on and not think there is still a chance.

It seems you are projecting your past relationship onto him as well. You probably aren't ready anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't judge him just becuz a few of his qualities remind u of your ex.. not all people are same..
    If u wanna tell him you're not interested just pretend you're into someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ways to say it:

No is no
    Not interested
    I don't think this is going to work

(optional) say it in a way where it's honest and to the point

1|2
    0|0
  • How about prepare to break-off
    And talk about it with Him, communication is very important in a relationship, have a sit-down and just talk the problems out
    If he doesn't get it, undrestand or see the problem, break it off, because a Chance is he is not going to chance and is like a any other guy, dont think of it as telling Him, think of it as problem solving because that's what it is (maybe dont bring up your ex but generalise) and when he tries turning it to his favor and talk about other things then just cold hearthedly break it off... because he shouldn't justify himself for wrong doings.
    Why am i suggesting a sit down before/not break up?
    Because it opens new doors:
    1) he could change, apologize and make it easier or ask for another Chance
    2) he knows for future how to be better
    3) break up Will be easier to do because not only you helped him better himself but it saves a lot of tears and sucidal thoughts

1|0
    0|0
  • Just tell him life isn't about not knowing and wondering that's a book so live and speak up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Directly. That's the best.

1|2
    0|0
  • Say it and be VERY clear about turning him down.

1|2
    0|0
  • Just simply tell him or distance yourself slowly

1|0
    0|0
  • Just say the words not interested.

1|1
    0|0
  • "Hey guy, fuck off" .

0|0
    0|0
  • Erm I know this is a odd question what country are u in?

0|0
    0|0
    • The reason I’m asking is I like a girl but she stoped showing signs she was strayed

• Tell him to fuck off

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes