Would you give your boyfriend or girlfriend cash if they needed it?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• We live together & pay for bills together. We’re practically living the married life already. So it would be really selfish & kind of a red flag if I refused to loan them money. Hell! I have a piggy bank where I keep spare cash & change.

My guy still asks my permission to take from it, which is sweet. But unnecessary! It’s there to be used for important stuff.

I would only become upset if they were constantly taking my money & not contributing with their own. I’m just a waitress! I can’t pay for everything by my paychecks alone. No sir!

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, if it's like a few grand or something, fuck no man I'm not rich. But otherwise, yeah. I mean wtf are you together for if you're not gonna learn to share some shit including finances right? Prepare you for the future of financial togetherness in an inevitable future marriage and such.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes but the key word is NEED not want. And it also means we're having a conversation. An influx of cash only treats a symptom. We want to make sure the cause is dealt with so you're good moving forward. I try to help my girls in the long term as much as possible. I don't want anybody looking back and saying "Man I sure wasted my time with that guy." I try to make people's lives better. Not always successful of course.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. If it's for legitimate cases like bills, household expenses, yeah.
    If he's borrowing so that he could party and drink with his friends or to feed his gambling addiction, then no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the age of the relationship.. if we have been dating for less than a year, i'd feel less comfortable with doing this.

Anything more than a year.. absolutely. The longer we are together, I'd be more comfortable with sharing finances, money, etc

0|0
    0|0
  • i would depend on a few things like how long we'd been together, how much money they were askiing for and what it was for

but generally speaking yes i would definitely lean towards giving a girlfriend money

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on what for and how long i knew them, like if it was problems with their car and there were trains around then no i wouldn't, but if they had like a baby or kid and couldnt afford medicine then definitely I would

0|0
    0|0
  • My fiance and I wed in 34 days and when we do, he'll be a student still (law school) so we'll be on just my income anyway so I don't see why I couldn't loan him money now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah if he's in a situation when he needs it but isn't comfortable to ask (and I'm sure he will never ask me for money) I'd offer to give him some.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends what they need it for. I it was for lunch or something like that I'd just get it for them. I dunno, I can't think of anything they'd NEED cash for that I couldn't simply get for them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! We're a team, if he needs something and I have the means then damn right I'm helping him!. Works the other way around as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • If my boy needs some cash, I’m there to say “I got you”.
    I would refuse only if it was an absurd amount or if it was a frequent thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what he needs it for and is it a frequent habit of his.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the amount, how much money it is, how long we've been together. Can you give us some more context?

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, but I wouldn't want my hypothetical partner to monetarily depend on me any more than I would want to monetarily depend on her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd pay them 20 bucks to tickle torture me after tying me up!!!

0|0
    0|0
  • It would depend on how long we had been in a relationship for, the amount and why they needed it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes ofc.

0|1
    0|0
  • Already do

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. If I got it so does he and vice versa.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course. Its happened often in both directions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. I've done it plenty of times before.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup..

0|1
    0|0
  • If I had one, yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the amount and for what.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah I will

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, because I am the provider.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Because she is my wife.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what it’s for

1|0
    0|0
  • I would, but if it was a whole lot of money, I'd also have them sign an agreement to pay it back.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes