Guy asked for my number Thursday night, but hasn't sent anything, what should I do?

When going out Thursday night, a guy started talking to me and showed real interest. When the place we were at closed early, he wanted to make sure that we went to the same place next. He kissed me before we were getting our bikes. We then went to a snackbar (together with the friends he and I were with) and afterwards he kissed me again and asked for my number. I gave it to him, I typed it very quickly and kind of in automatic mode, so I'm not 100% sure if I gave the right number, but I'm fairly sure.

I find it quite odd that he hasn't sent anything yet, since he showed such interest and he was the one who initiated everything and asked for my number. Is he just waiting very long on purpose? Is it normal for guys to ask for your number and not do anything with it? Should I find him on facebook and send him a message there (because maybe I gave the wrong number or something)? Or should I just let it go?

Thanks for your help!
Updates:
Never got a message/call from him (it's been more than 3 days now). I think I'll just let it go. HIs loss I guess

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• See if you are really interested in him then try finding him, at least you will not be in dilemma that you have given a right number or the wrong, and if you find out that he has the right number with him but still he is not willing to take any step forward then just move on

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• babes thats what guys do trust me he will when he needs or wants something from you :) jus dont even message him he will think why aren't you messaging him ;)

0|1
    0|0
    • What do you mean? He wonders too why I'm not contacting him? But that doesn't make sense because I don't have his number

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Wait a bit longer, then try Facebook. Many guys are stupid and believe in following a rule of not messaging for an arbitrary amount of time, lest they seem too desperate

0|0
    1|0
    • Haha that's kind of sad

• Yeah it's dumb considering every woman says "why hasn't he texted me yet?" I just text the next morning especially if we were out drinking I want to make sure she's okay

• Make sure to exchange numbers, not just give yours out. Otherwise you accept that the guy is 100% in control of whether you guys meet up again. If you had his number you could text him.

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah you're right! I'll do that in the future, good lesson :)

• I usually prank the girls number or put my number in her phone then prank me so that I know she didn't give me a fake number haha. And if she wants to text me she can do it too. Good for when you meet someone whilst out and lose them in the crowds of a busy club for example.

• Whatever the case may be he’s only going to want sex from you anyway. Just let it go.

1|0
    0|2
    • And how can you be so sure that he only wants sex, and how you can be sure that only he wants to have sex like girls don't have desires and only boys feel horny and urge to have sex

• Show All
    • Hmm loads of my friends do that too and they're all good girls

• Ok @ojosOscuros I trust you, but I don't see any point in wasting time and waiting for some time to go or for a romantic date so that I can kiss a girl for whom I have started developing some sort of feeling and love.. but unfortunately till now I am unable to find some girl from the load of girls who is ready to kiss me in the first meeting 😂😂

• Unfortunately guys and girls do that. And you can't revolve your world around that one guy. If its meant to be then it will happen. And if not then you deserve someone with true intentions and not kid games.

1|0
    0|0
    • Definitely his loss. Sorry that happened. Please dont think all men are like that. Cause im definitely not. I can't stand that dumb stuff.

• He doesn't sound like the typical needy loser that has only ever met one girl in his life besides his mommy and thinks he needs to text a girl immediately after meeting her. He's probably actually got a life to go back to.

I would wait at least a week to hear from him. If you don't hear from him by next weekend then I would probably try looking him up and making plans to meet up the following weekend if he's available.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you accidentally gave the wrong number and it's meant to be You'll run into him again. I think if you track him down through fb he may get spooked. It shouldn't be that way but most men naturally persu.

0|1
    0|1
  • A guy doing everything doesn't mean much really. Guys have to do those things or nothing happens. He likely does those things regularly to girls. Maybe he's busy. I'd wait to see if he eventually calls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he's just a busy guy an doesn't want to call until he has enough time to enjoy your conversation but if you have his number give him a call and it'll give you a better insight into what he really wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably is doing it on purpose dont want to seem thirsty. And or maybe he does that whenever he is out and forgot to call cause he has girls lined up. Either way forget about him if he calls he calls but if he didn't call yet he playing game's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do what your gut is telling you, don't miss out on anything you'll regret in the past. You like him? You interested? Look him up, send him a message, tell him you might have given him the wrong number or be real & tell him you're feeling it!

0|0
    0|0
  • You should if possible ask the other parties you both where with and see if they had heard anything from him or not that way the message of your interest back into him. shall make it's way. To him without seeming desperate... tacfull

0|0
    0|0
  • @VSM25 yeah for real where are all these girls at around me? I wanna meet some friendly girls whom I can get some lip action and digits in the initial meet😄

0|0
    0|0
  • @omgjassy is a Dutch girl too, maybe she can help you

1|0
    0|0
  • Just wait. You might ruin everything if you go searching for him. If he looks for you yay, if not, just stay away.

0|1
    0|0
  • Just keep living your life. He calls he calls if he doesn’t then someone else will come along.

0|1
    0|0
  • He might have gotten drunk and forgot or he wanted to have fun for the weekend and he will talk to you tomorrow

0|0
    0|0
  • He has to call. If he doesn't, his loss. The stupid waiting to call thing is dumb. There's really no excuse not to call if he asked for your number.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some times guys will wait so that they dont seem needy or clingy. However, if you willingly have your number a couple days of waiting would be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find him on facebook for sure. Or ask a friend for his number

0|0
    1|1
  • Don't reply soon if he does text.. sound busy for a while

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you use Instagram or snapchat, we can have the private conversation

0|0
    0|0
  • if he catched your heart call him if not - do nothing

0|0
    0|0
  • If u send ur number sooner or later he will contact u just wait

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't wait him, if he comes well if he not dont give a fuck

0|0
    0|0
  • you give em your number.😲give me your number i'll text you all day yeah😂

0|0
    0|0
  • You should have asked him for his number as well if he asked you to give your own number

0|0
    0|0
  • There isn't a great deal you can do other than carry on as normal

0|0
    0|0
  • 90% he forgot Ur Name... I also do often this way😂

0|0
    0|0
    • I saw him add my contact to his phone with my name and something to remember me by (the student association I'm a member of), so that's probably not the case right?

• Forgot the evening, or forgot Ur Name... all other reasons have to do sth with other girls, or girlfriend...
      Trust me I'm professional...
      My phone is full with doreign women I never wrote😂

• So you don't like your own medicine.

Nice 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • 3 day rule

0|1
    0|0
    • I think the 3 day rule is history, with all the tech and social media and A. D. D. of everyone today if you wait the 3 days there's prob a fair chance she already forgot you lol

• Give him your number!

0|1
    0|0
  • Keep waiting

0|0
    0|0
  • be patient i say that

0|0
    0|0
  • move on

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing.. just wait n see if he calls

0|0
    0|0
    • But what if I gave the wrong number? Maybe just let it be? Then I just was unlucky and next time should pay more attention I guess.

• Are you thirsty? No? Then let go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Message him

0|0
    0|0
  • What can you do lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait 1 week. It is normal to make you nervous.

0|0
    0|0
  • He probably didn't want to seem desperate

0|0
    0|0
  • Rule is 3 days

0|0
    0|2
    • Which everyone knows about so makes you look lame and childish if you adhere to, especially when the girl can get a few dates easily in that time.

• Don't give to him. give to me.. haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Loved

0|0
    0|0
  • guy has many things, you are just one of them

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually give it a month or two before contacting them. Busy times ya know.

0|0
    1|0
  • wait 1 more day we normally wait 3 to 4 days

0|1
    0|0
  • He’s going by the dumb 3-day rule guys made up

0|0
    0|3
    • So many salty boys today

Recommended myTakes