If people tell me that I’m pretty, why don’t guys talk to me?

Im 23 and never had a boyfriend. I’m thick and don’t get much attention from guys. What’s the issue? I’ve given up on looking for a relationship. Not to sound dramatic but I have come to terms with the fact I’m going to end up alone since I have had no luck. Being content with the idea of staying to myself.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If it is a girl telling you that you are beautiful then you should know that she might be lying because it's what most girls do but as for a the guys don't try hard just do what you do and they will come to you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Cuz you live on people validation
    And if they do not come, you have legs to walk snd approach and a mouth to start the talk.

Up to you...

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• First off I think a picture would help everyone evaluate if there is an issue. But sight unseen i can tell you confidence is attractive. If you're comfortable in your own skin and take care of yourself. Men WILL be attracted to you. There are guys who are into women of all shapes and sizes. Just get out there and have the most fun you possibly can. Don't worry about guys. Once you stop looking they will start to find you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you go out? Do you have male friends, do you have crushes? If you do have crushes, have you ever approached one of them? Our love life doesn’t just happen for us, we need to put a bit of work into it. Don’t just expect guys to do the approaching. Give clear hints, flirt, approach them yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause they don't want to offend you,
    cause they never considered you as a mate,
    Cause their nervous or imposed by you.
    I don't know it's a little vague and may be it's your attitude personality too many factors are left out

0|1
    0|0
  • Being thick definitely doesn't help but end then that's not the end all be all. There's definitely guys out there that like chubby girls.

Be friendly, approachable and have things to offer. If you're an absolute mess people won't gravitate towards you.

Who knows maybe you don't get out enough. You can't just sit at home all day an expect to have a man.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here's the thing, why dont the people that tell you You're cute give you more attention? Do you have problems holding conversations? What else do you have to offer besides being "thick"? And if you've come to terms with being alone why ask the question?

0|0
    0|0
  • Well how are we supposed to know you want us to approach you? We can't read your mind you girls need to initiate us give us the all clear. Whenever us guys approach most girls the answers we get are "I have a boyfriend", "What do you want?", "I'm busy" etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel you, i get told a lot how handsome i am and girls do flirt. Though i'm still single and it seems like everytime i open my mouth to say something they just leave from the block never to be seen again, tf? I guess not everyone is entitled to have girl/boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some girls give off a "leave me alone" kinda vibe so watch out for that in yourself. Remember usually guys are expected to make the first move and take a lot of rejection so try to smile, flirt, and be outgoing so you seem approachable. Also... try to shed a pound or two, you don't need to look like a model or anything (many guys like "thick" girls) but if you work out and take care of yourself it shows you have your own life in order.

0|0
    0|0
  • You might be pretty but a thick girls is not what they are looking for. Very few guys like thick girls.

And if you don't ask anyone out, of course you will be alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly being thick has nothing to do with it thick can be sexy it's the attitude behind it people see what they want to see you can't change that it's what you see in yourself that makes you who you who you are confidence goes a long way in life and attracting the opposite sex both ways in that it maybe your looking at the wrong guys possibly I'm not to sure on that

0|0
    0|0
  • Typically guys are supposed to make the first move, but things are changing. Although some guys are put off by a girl asking them out, most guys are ok with it, and some shy guys would probably be elated if a girl made the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause someone who only cares about apperence is actually ugly inside

2|1
    0|0
  • There are a lot of nice guys and a lot of scared guys. Its really hard to approach females now. If u are pretty people will assume u already have someone

0|0
    0|0
  • What's wrong with being alone? Do you know how much bullshit you cut out of your life by not having a romantic relationship!

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think being thick has anything to do with getting attention from guys. What are you looking for? An actual relationship and a boyfriend?

1|0
    0|0
  • Guy's say that but don't want to get in volved they see the bueaty that you are on the outside but they don't want or don't care to see the inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're really very pretty that can intimidate guys.. most guys reject themselves in face of an absolute beauty..
    Try to start conversations with guys looking your way.

0|0
    0|0
  • #foreveralone is retarded
    You can run into a great person at any point in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • You won't always be alone there's people out there that will love you there's no need to give up

0|0
    0|0
  • You should try asking guys out. Sometimes guys don’t want to approach you so you should try making the first move.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they assume you’re lot of their league maybe🤷🏻‍♂️.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you use Instagram or snapchat, we can have private conversation

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe they think you are already taken.
    Talk to guys. Drop hints.
    Take the next step. You might be rejected but it's okay

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel the same way always being told I'm handsome and that a lady would be lucky to have me but no ladies talk to me

0|0
    0|0
  • You seem unavailable. Try smiling at men you're interested in.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bro, I feel the same way. I'm just not hot enough to have someone else want me sexualy. God have mercy on my soul

0|0
    0|0
  • You have had no luck? What does that mean? In general I think you just have to let things happen and act when the moment is right. Cheers

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I personally would rather have a woman with a good attitude than looks

0|0
    0|0
  • they can think that you are pretty to much and they have no chances. you can have an unassailable look. Can be a lot another causes

0|0
    0|0
  • Where do you socialize with people? A lot of times it has to do with the environment that you're in.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're thick? Well there you go.

That and the people might be lying.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's your height and weight? Do you have nice assets?

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people will only flirt with you if you show some interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • ohhh now you might be surprised to find a great man someday

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know maybe you r trying to hard? Being alone isn't that bad

0|0
    0|0
  • It is a matter of what guys preffer and maybe you push away those that would like you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty people are intimidating

1|0
    0|0
  • I love thick women 😍

0|0
    0|0
  • U have to take a first step, propose a good man

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing will change with that mindset.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same thing has happened to me

0|0
    0|0
  • They might think your more into yourself than guys

0|0
    0|0
  • The issue is your attitude

0|0
    0|0
  • Thick or thicc

0|0
    0|1
  • the. may affraid of u

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask a guy out if they won’t ask u out

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel the same way your not alone

0|0
    0|0
  • Honey i was (or maybe still am) on the same boat.
    I'm 22 and i had never even been kissed, never even held hands with a dude.
    So i honestly don't know what happened, but in the last couple of months there's been a shift, now i wouldn't say I'm popular with guys, but I've gotten offers.
    I'd say don't judge your body or your looks, whatever you have to work with, work it.
    You're not going to die alone, but do try to go out a bit more and use the apps... most matches will be terrible, but who knows, you might find something worth your time

0|0
    0|1
  • i dont really consider "thick" women to be pretty, sorry

0|0
    1|0
  • i never had boyfriend until 23 too, and at 23 i found my current boyfriend at a club, we are still together and getting married soon, key is dont be slutty or drink so much, but if someone chatted with you, why not? and of course dont go home with him,, but if he asked your number or facebook why not? thats what happened with me :)

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes